Black Education / Schools : U.S. minority students concentrated in high-poverty schools: study

Clyde C Coger Jr

PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
:facepalm:

U.S. minority students concentrated in high-poverty schools: study

...that poverty, linked to continuing segregation, is a key mechanism accounting for racial disparities in academic achievement.

By Alex Dobuzinskis
Reuters

U.S. minority students concentrated in high-poverty schools: study

A student at Leo Catholic High School sits in the hallway as he looks through a text book in Chicago, Illinois

Thanks for this. I was feeling pretty good about this study until I read that this study reinforced prior studies all leading to the same conclusion. I wonder just how many more studies it is going to take until the American educational system policy makers decide to actually do something about the disparity in our educational curriculum.

It's hard but we must remain optimistic, in spite of the ignorance surrounding our plight.

We must come together and start educating our children about themselves and their rich history. Who else will do it for us, and by rights, why should they? We are excellent talkers and one of, if not the largest consumer. Why are we not buying books for our children, and why aren't we buying more books for ourselves? To move forward, we must educate our minds. Once we see the importance of education, we will, in turn, educate our children.

We must come together and start educating our children about themselves and their rich history. Who else will do it for us, and by rights, why should they? We are excellent talkers and one of, if not the largest consumer. Why are we not buying books for our children, and why aren't we buying more books for ourselves? To move forward, we must educate our minds. Once we see the importance of education, we will, in turn, educate our children.

And on top of all that, there's this:

AP-NORC poll: Many youths say high school diploma is enough

COLLIN BINKLEY and HANNAH FINGERHUT
Associated Press

I attended HS during the time the sample data was taken. My HS was in one of the city's poorest neighborhoods and was nearly all black. And was a half mile or so from one of the nation's most prominent High Schools who to this day faces criticism for the lack of black enrollment and how they get around it. This school ironically being in a poor, mostly black neighborhood

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back