Black Sports : Tyson headed for 4-rounders?

Discussion in 'Black Sports' started by panafrica, Jun 29, 2005.

1. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    http://www.fightnews.com

I'm not surprised Mike is going to continue fighting, because there isn't that much for him to do. But this is an interesting development. I've never seen a former undisputed champion go back to fighting 4 rounders like a novice pro. This is definately the end of Mike as a serious figher...maybe he should challenge Butterbean?

2. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    That is sad. Basically, he's saying he's not in the same league as real pro fighters. He should just stop and go do something else. Why embarrass yourself even further with this move.

3. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    Yes that is what he is essentially saying. I agree that he should do something else, but what can he do?

4. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    Well, one thing I'd love to see is him as a commentator. Could you imagine hearing him calling a fight.:laugh: Man, that would be halarious. I'll tell you what, he can't do any worse than Roy Jones Jr. at calling a fight. At least he'll be mor fun to listen to.

5. oceolo

oceolo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +15
    Considering the fact that Tyson is still one of the most recognizable people on earth I think he could sell products or get his own reality TV show.

6. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    I agree that Tyson is still one of the most recognizable people on Earth. However his image is too tarnished for most companies to have him endorse products. Also a TV reality show would not give him the money he needs. I think his best bet is what Kente417Mojo suggested, go into commentating. Despite popular opinion Mike is pretty articulate. He also is one heck of a boxing historian. Not all fighters are boxing fans, Tyson is one of the exceptions.

7. oceolo

oceolo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +15
    If people are willing to pay $50 to watch him fight even though they know he cant fight anymore I think they would buy a product that he endorses

8. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    Mike Tyson once bragged that he could sell out Madison Square Garden by masterbating.....judging by the amount of people who bought his last pay-per-view, he might have been right.