Black Entertainment : tyra banks defends fat women

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by dandan, Feb 9, 2007.

1. dandan

dandan Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    watch video here http://www.mwza.com/2007/02/01/tyra-banks-defends-fat-women-on-her-show/

:welldone: :welldone:
    Tyra Banks is fighting back,she addressed a friendly message to all the haters :”Kiss my fat a–.”

“Luckily, I’m strong enough and I have a good enough support system,” Banks, 33, says. “I love my Mama, and she has helped me to be a strong woman so I can overcome these kinds of attacks, but if I had a lower self-esteem, I would probably be starving myself right now. That’s exactly what is happening to other women all over this country.”

Growing increasingly emotional, she addresses those who “have something nasty to say about women who are built like me … women who have been picked on, women whose husbands put them down, women at work or girls at school – I have one thing to say to you: Kiss my fat a–.”

2. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    I have NO idea why they are calling Tyra fat, especially BW. She's gorgeous. What is she, a size 6, at the most? They must be comparing her to rail-thin WW, because the average BW is more like an 18-20, and over 200lbs, plus not as attractive. She looks better with a little weight on her, IMO.

3. Amnat77

Amnat77 Well-Known Member MEMBER

professional.
    Ratings:
    +2,622
    The interesting thing about this is that the people who are verbally attacking her, probably don't have the best bodies themselves...there are a whole lot of people projecting their insecurites onto her right now ...talk about bad energy ughhh.

Sis spicybrown; pardon me, but why do you have a pic of a naked woman for your avatar?

4. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    For real.

LOL. I found that on a Black art site. Well, minus the braids, in the name of celebrating natural Black womanhood.

Peace