Law Forum : Two Videoed in Rape Found Guilty, More to Come

Of course, it's always annoyed me that so many young females simply lack a self-protection instinct.
They're too trusting.
So...age and group-think? You've got a point...because this is something that usually happens to young females.

Older women know better than to get drunk around a bunch of males or entrust any male other than their family member, close friend or mate to safeguard their virtue when they're too inebriated to defend or speak up for themselves. ...

Well, Sister, what Kemetstry meant by "age and group think" was referencing the mindset and attitudes of ALL the teenagers involved, directly/indirectly, or with knowledge of this rape.... the boys who did it, those who witnessed it, the ones who heard about it and sent further text messages to their friends, the ones who even made a video joking about it and even the other girls who heard about it.

However, my point to Kem was about how this entire mindset is not restricted to this age group but to adults as well. ---- "Jock Culture" is a manifestation of a psychological mindset that excuses and minimizes the behaviors of athletes for the sake of the sport, football/basketball...

In this town, many of the children, the parents, and other adults were guilty of "Jock Culture" when this happened and still are.

However, no, it isn't "usually young females" that this happens to. Many older women have experienced the same or worse involving alcohol.

Alcohol affects one's inhibitions. So, even many adult women and men will engage in behavior they wouldn't normally do, not just sexually but otherwise as well. (This is mainly why you can't go get a tattoo while drunk any more. lol) Many men and women have gotten tattoos after a night of drinking and then regretted it in the light of sober day.

Moreover, by the time the girl and her parents found out about what happened, it was too late for a rape kit or a toxicology test to determine if she'd been possibly drugged as well.

But, as for drinking and bad judgement calls, many so-called adult men and women still drink to excess, not knowing when to say "when," and engage in irresponsible behavior, be it going off with strangers to driving a vehicle under the influence.

IMO : i blame the adults more than the children although the children do not get a pass. this is systemic failure.
"jock culture" is a bad joke. bread and circuses, $35 million dollar slaves.

when will somebody wake up?

Yes, indeed.

I had to re-think my feelings about Ray Lewis as well..... Because I don't follow football, at first, I wasn't aware of all the legal, financial and moral ties connected to his possible involvement and/or knowledge of the deaths of those 2 young men.

But, after the Super Bowl, I learned more about the case being in the media again. I couldn't cheer with him/for him any more.

Plus, his comments about God and the incident made me smh.

At first, I supported him out of my ignorance; but now, I can't uplift him over the grief and injustice done to those 2 families.

And for all those who revere Ray Lewis, IMO, they are also guilty of "Jock Culture." ---- Far too often, as a society, we're not holding athletes accountable for their actions/behaviors.

When regular citizens.... just your everyday "Joe" commits crimes, we want them punished to the "full extent of the law."

But, how sickening to see some of us look the other way, sweep it under the rug when a high school/college/or Pro football or basketball player does the same or worse.

yeah, bro ray do be wrapping himself all up in the bible, do he not?

Yeah, I didn't see it at first because I didn't know much about that murder case.

But, I had to smh when Ray said:

"It’s simple," Lewis said when Sharpe asked him what he would say to the families.
"God has never made a mistake. That’s just who He is, you see. ... To the family, if you knew, if you really knew the way God works, he don’t use people who commits anything like that for His glory. No way. It’s the total opposite."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...milies-two-slain-men-2000-224326545--nfl.html

I tell ya, when I read that, I was speechless.

Somebody needs to tell Ray that, yes, God DOES use such people to His Glory.

Ray musta skipped those parts of the Bible about MOSES, DAVID and PAUL.... all of whom killed others or caused their deaths.

So, after I read that, I wasn't on the "Ray Lewis cheer-leading team" any more.

I don't know what Bible Ray is reading but mine tells me that God used sinners to do His Will and to His Glory many times in the Bible.

I don't know what Ray's Bible says about REPENTANCE.

I just know what mine says.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back