Kemetstry

PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
Verdicts in Steubenville high school rape trial

By Andrew Welsh-Huggins, The Associated Press
Two Ohio high school football players have been found guilty of raping a drunken 16-year-old girl in a case that roiled a small city and stirred reaction from activists online.
Judge Thomas Lipps ruled Sunday in juvenile court that Steubenville High School students Trent Mays and Ma'Lik Richmond are guilty of attacking the girl after an alcohol-fueled party last August.
The 17-year-old Mays and 16-year-old Richmond were charged with digitally penetrating the West Virginia girl, first in a car and then in a house.
Judge Tom Lipps ordered Richmond held in a juvenile detention facility for at least one year and Mays at least two years. The juvenile system could hold them until age 21. Both were required to register as juvenile sex offenders.

Mays and Richmond both apologized tearfully after being found guilty.
"I'd like to apologize to her family, [the] community. No pics should have been sent. That's all sir," said Mays.

"I'd like to apologize to you people. I had no intentions to do anything, I'm sorry to put you through this — I'm sorry, I didnt... " said Richmond as he broke down crying.
Afterwards, the mother of the victim's mother, who is not being named, gave a statement to the media, saying:
"It did not matter what school you went to, what city you lived in, or what sport you've played. Human compassion is not taught by a teacher coach or parent. It is a God-given gift instilled in all of this. You displayed not only a lack of this compassion but a lack of any moral code. Your decisions that night affected countless lives including those most dear to you. You were your own accuser through social media you chose to publish your criminal conduct on. This does not define who my daughter is. She will persevere, grow, and move on.
"I have pity for you both. I hope you fear the Lord, repent for your actions and pray hard for his forgiveness," she concluded.
The case divided the community amid allegations that more students should have been charged and led to questions about the influence of the football team, a local source of a pride.
After the guilty verdicts, Ohio's attorney general said he will convene a grand jury to investigate whether other people should be charged in the case.

This penchant for videoing dumb acts must stop. Moreover, so must acting stupid

I do hate it for the victims; but if they didn't take pictures and video, many may not be punished for their crimes.

For all who like to sexually molest or rape and then send texts or take pictures and video to post on social media like Facebook, Instagram and Twitter about it, I say keep it up. ---- You're making the Prosecutor's job soooooo easy! Your Defense attorney won't have a leg to stand on.

Yeah, keep committing crimes and then show & tell the whole world what you did! ---- Even the jury panel knows they won't have to be there long! After all the incriminating evidence you've provided, your court case is really just a FORMALITY! You'll have a quick GUILTY verdict and a speedy sentencing! :toast:

I do hate it for the victims; but if they didn't take pictures and video, many may not be punished for their crimes.

For all who like to sexually molest or rape and then send texts or take pictures and video to post on social media like Facebook, Instagram and Twitter about it, I say keep it up. ---- You're making the Prosecutor's job soooooo easy! Your Defense attorney won't have a leg to stand on.

Yeah, keep committing crimes and then show & tell the whole world what you did! ---- Even the jury panel knows they won't have to be there long! After all the incriminating evidence you've provided, your court case is really just a FORMALITY! You'll have a quick GUILTY verdict and a speedy sentencing! :toast:

The prosecuters have identified people from the video and have asked them to come in voluntarily. All that dont will get dragged in. They have listed a range of charges that will follow for not stopping the act.

If they didnt video the act no one would have been prosecuted at all. She was too drunk to remember anything. So she and her friends get the S.O.S. of the year award

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back