Black People Politics : Two Parties United

legit-writer

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 12, 2002
Hi all and Happy New Year. It's been a while since I've posted on Destee. Not sure if a thread has been made about this or not, but I was thinking to make this country more "fair", whoever gets elected as President, whether it's a Republican or a Democrat to let the Vice President be the opposite political party. For example, if our next President is Republican, the Vice President should be a Democrat. We would then truly be an "Independent" country and we won't need an Independent party having to run every election. I think our country would be less screwed up and more balanced if it was that way. Thoughts?

Hi all and Happy New Year. It's been a while since I've posted on Destee. Not sure if a thread has been made about this or not, but I was thinking to make this country more "fair", whoever gets elected as President, whether it's a Republican or a Democrat to let the Vice President be the opposite political party. For example, if our next President is Republican, the Vice President should be a Democrat. We would then truly be an "Independent" country and we won't need an Independent party having to run every election. I think our country would be less screwed up and more balanced if it was that way. Thoughts?

This is a great idea Queen and a noble one as well, but it may run into some practical concerns. Among the top concerns would be how would the political system you're envisioning constitute being "fair"? More specifically, we're talking definitions and concepts. Hammering out definitions and concepts would raise such concerns for those who would argue that both political parties are the same, just with different titles. Others will argue, what about those who have interest in 3rd party politics and why could they not hold one of the two positions (President or Vice Pres).

And then there's race and gender.

In your vision, I would make the case that one of the two positions should be held by a Black Woman.

reminds me of some movie/television show i've seen--don't remember what show. anyway, one of the first issues you'd have is one of trust--how do you keep the vice president, or someone from his party, from killing/assassinating the president...and seizing power; obviously, their views would be different. what "say" would the vice president have in executing the duties of the president...since they are from different parties, with different views.

like Perfection says, you're essentially saying that we should abolish the two/three party system we have, in favor of a single party. otherwise, you'll have party members plotting the destruction of the other...to gain power. NOT THAT THAT CUT-THROAT SYSTEM SO DIFFERENT FROM WHAT WE HAVE NOW.

In 1796, Thomas Jefferson served as John Adams' vice president, even though the two bitter rivals represented and headed opposing parties

Your statement is somewhat disingenuous crwn. The history is about the good ole boys network that came together as the Republican-Democratic party to defeat the Federalist party that year.

After that, third party intervention never got to the level of wrecking establishment politics. So, the major, two party system, Democrats and Republicans, never came together again, and will not, unless the Tea Party or some other group, grows to a threat level causing a repeat of what you cited that occurred in 1796 ... exactly 220 yrs ago.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back