Black Authors : Two Kinds of Color

Discussion in 'Short Stories - Authors - Writing' started by Deborah Kennedy, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Deborah Kennedy

Deborah Kennedy Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +9
    I'm the author of the novel "Two Kinds of Color." It's the story of a mother's love and heroic sacrifice for her racially divided children. Two of them are black; two of them white, born and raised in a hustler's brutal environment on the South Side of Chicago. It's available for KINDLE, NOOK, AMAZON PAPERBACK, BARNES AND NOBLE PAPERBACK! You can read a sample at those sites. I would love to read your comments!

HERE ARE JUST SOME OF THE KINDLE REVIEWS:

Thank you Deborah Kennedy for introducing me to the kind of book I usually wouldn't read! Once started it was hard to put down! It is a must read in my opinion! The characters are real and the book covers all aspects of life. I was blown away by the ending!! I too like others am looking forward to your next book!--KINDLE REVIEW

OMG! I really couldn't put this book down! Congratulations to Deborah Kennedy on this incredible read! Thank you for introducing me to your masterpiece! I mean it! What a GREAT GIFT for my friends who love a GREAT read! I am really looking forward to your next book. Please let it be sooner than later!--KINDLE REVIEW
    This book is well written and a great story that everyone should get to read. The author's writing talents are impressive and straight to the point. I look forward to her next novel. Keep up the good work.--KINDLE REVIEW

Two Kinds of Color is an exceptionally beautifully written novel. The characters are compelling and believable and the message of love and sacrifice and true friendship is touching and unforgettable. I savored this book. It is not a book to be skimmed through but read thoughtfully and carefully. The ability of Ms. Kennedy to present her story with such insight and heart-felt emotion is remarkable. I read a great many books and, like most of us, have my favorite authors. I look forward to reading any other novel my newest favorite author writes. Thank you Ms. Kennedy. I enjoyed Two Kinds of Color very much.--AMAZON PAPERBACK REVIEW

This book was a touching novel, and a quick read. The style it is written makes it so much more powerful. I learned about a world I am not old enough to have seen first hand, and has been brushed over by history books. I hope the author writes more books, and I look forward to reading them.—KINDLE REVIEW

This novel allowed me to learn about a world a million miles from my own. I learned in so many ways we are all the same. This small town farm girl learned that even on the hard side of Chicago - Friendships are bonded forever, siblings bond and divide, we all want that forever love and we are trying to escape the bonds of where we are. This mystery held me from the very first paragraph! Time to recharge the Kindle and give it a re-read!—KINDLE REVIEW

Being an avid reader majority of my life, I was thoroughly impressed with this up and coming new author. The very first page in her book is captivating and promises the reader an emotional journey as you sympathize with the characters. I applaud her and look forward to future books.—KINDLE REVIEW

At first, I was intimidated by the storyline. I don't usually read books that open up the part of me that gets so angry, sad or scared for the characters. When I read the sample, something clicked... and I had to finish the story, I had to find out everything that happened. I'm so glad I did! What a masterpiece! I felt that I could hear the author's own voice narrating the vivid images. You just have to experience it for yourself, and feel for the characters, because they could be anyone you walk past on the street, on any given day. We all have our stories deep inside us, don't we?—KINDLE REVIEW

Always best regards,
    Deborah Kennedy

2. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079
    In the Spirit of Sankofa and Peace and Love!

.......Welcome to Destee.com Deborah Kennedy, here is a link you may find helpful:

Click and review below:
    http://destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67326

3. Deborah Kennedy

Ratings:
    +9
    Just thanking you for taking the time to view my thread. I hope you get a chance to read a sample of "Two Kinds of Color." KINDLE, NOOK, AMAZON PAPERBACK, BARNES AND NOBLE PAPERBACK!

Always best regards,
    Deborah Kennedy

4. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079
    In the Spirit of Sankofa and Peace and Love!

.....yvw, Not a problem Deborah Kennedy, no, not at all...and hopefully you will review my work: "Does Color Matter?" also on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Does-Color-Matter-Only-Misrepresented/dp/1425931367 and others.

From author to author, lets make a deal to purchase/review each others work, what say you Deborah Kennedy? Perhaps we could get together in symposium fashion or sumpt'n?

5. Deborah Kennedy

Ratings:
    +9
    Clyde:

I will read a sample of your work this weekend!

Always best regards,
    Deborah

6. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079
    In the Spirit of Sankofa and Update!

.......And likewise Deborah, so will I...Best Regards (good seeing you again)

7. Deborah Kennedy

Ratings:
    +9
    Does Color Matter

Clyde:

I took a look at your book and found it very interesting. Will it be available for Kindle?

Always best regards,
    Deborah

8. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079

.......Thanks, and likewise Deborah, I searched your book, "Two Kinds of Color," through Amazon's Search Inside and found your novel to be very fascinating, as well as yourself.

Straight to your question; is Does Color Matter available in Kindle? The answer is no. In 2006, my publish/live date, the service hadn't been created; and I'm not attracted to it now. If you think I should sign up for Kindle, let me know the pros and cons.

After reading and gaining insight of your work, I find you to be not only a true literary person of skill, but one having acquired industry standards. On the other hand, my work is more message oriented as revelation from the Creator; in which sense I was blessed to complete, which placed me in the company of true writers, such as yourself.

Much success Deborah and the reviews given Two Kinds of Color were very powerful indeed...Peace In,

9. Deborah Kennedy

Ratings:
    +9
    Video

Hi Clyde:

Where to you get the video "Shuckin' and Jivin?" Where can I find it?

Thanks Deborah

10. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079

First, here's a bit of Destee.com history behind my signature logo:

http://destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60373

I strongly suggest your review...

Video:

That scene is from the 1974 movie "Blazing Saddles" by Mel Brooks, and may no longer be available...google and see. The movie was a SATIRE comedy which spoke to the RACISM in Hollywood toward Blacks in western movies and the stories of the West. It is set in the post-Civil War era.

Nevertheless, here is the link:

BLAZING SADDLES (1974)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPcLPzItOQs