Internet Technology : Twitter’s Former News Manager Talks About His Current Project “Today In #BlackTwitter”

Liberty

BANNED
Aug 28, 2015
photo1.jpg

When Mark S. Luckie joined Twitter in 2012, he felt excited by the opportunity to explore the intersection of technology and journalism. Before joining Twitter, Luckie spent his entire career as a traditional journalist, with his last position as national innovations editor at The Washington Post.

“What appealed to me about Twitter was that it’s not just focused on one organization, which gave me a chance to influence many organizations, whether directly or indirectly,” Luckie told TechCrunch. “I was pushing the envelope and seeing what were the bigger and better things Twitter could create, and what were the more interesting ways to tell stories.”

Luckie spent three years at Twitter as manager of journalism and media, where he helped journalists use Twitter and help them better understand how to use it for sourcing. As Twitter’s platform evolved, so did Luckie’s role. It became more of a product management role, where Luckie was tasked with overseeing the building tools and features for Twitter products like TweetDeck, Vine and Periscope that could be helpful to journalists and news organizations. When I asked Luckie about why he eventually left, he cited two main reasons:

Read more
http://techcrunch.com/2015/11/17/tw...ut-his-current-project-today-in-blacktwitter/

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back