Twins - One Male One Female - Same Rules?

Thank you all for your comments.

Kemetstry…It took me a while to respond because I have been very busy. This past week I have had a Physics test, an Integral Calculus test, a U.S. Government test, an Advanced French test, and a six page paper to write for British Literature, not to mention four of my top choice college applications were due. So, excuse me for appearing as though I was not planning to respond. I am not embarrassed at all. :) In fact, I agree with you in that men and women are not the same, and should not be considered as equals.

My brother wants to “protect” me, which I understand and appreciate. He does not want guys to look at me and think of me as disrespectfully as some guys do regard girls. Although I do not believe in the pessimistic theory that “All guys are dogs,” I do believe that anyone and everyone, male and female, will treat you how you allow them to treat you. I cannot help that some guy may look at me and think of me as a sex object or that thereof. I even cannot help whether or not he has the audacity to approach me with such vulgarity. That’s life, neither my brother, nor I can fix that. However, how the situation varies is in how I respond.

I carry myself in a respectable manner. I do not dress suggestively, or act suggestively. I always try to give respect, and I command respect. I am not a stupid girl, and I have my priorities together. I am a very mature young lady, and my mother and brother know this. Don’t get me wrong, there is plenty I know, but even more I don’t know, which I will hopefully learn as I mature. My objection dealing with my brother is that, though I often hear his high opinion of me, it seems as if he forgets who I am when dealing with issues where I am out of his sight. I feel as if he sees me as just his “little sister.” He often makes comments implying that I have “book sense” but no “common sense.” Which I have proven wrong numerous times. I am 17 years old, a senior in high school, and I have never been on a date. That does not bother me much at all because that is not a priority to me. However, I have lived a sheltered life, which I do not rebel against, but sometimes I feel that it gets to be much. My mother considers my brother’s opinion, which is always negative, which limits my privileges that much more. Every single male friend that I have even mentioned to my brother, he refused to consider them as possible nice people, simply because they have male genitalia. He does not trust me to pick my own friends, male friends in particular. (By the way, my mother totally trusts me to make my decisions because she knows that I make mature, well thought through choices.) He always has such brute criticism, yet he cannot find one flaw in my “friend-finding” process. (By the way, all of my friends are intelligent, focused, considerate, respectful, and respectable young men and women…my mother can attest to that.) I am sure he has sound advice that he could give me, so that I may see the male opinion, however, honestly, my brother’s irrational, close-minded views, only makes me feel apprehensive to talking to him about such topics.

It is not so much of whether males and females should get the same privileges, but more about the individual and their maturity level. I do not get to do the things that my brother did when he was my age, and I do not try to. I get practically whatever I want because I do not have unreasonable requests. I am just tired of fighting him for treating me as if I am five and stupid.

~Smartgurl

SmartGurl

:wave: :kiss: Haaaaay Momma's Baby !!! :kiss: :wave:

:love:

Very nicely said. You know what? I'm going to try and get your brother to respond! :eeek: :lol:

:toast: This is so great!

You know what else? I had just started writing this long "Momma" reply, but I'm going to save it until after he responds.

I Love You

:heart:

ps ... you could have included a paragraph about how great a Mother I am :wink:

A lot of bread but there is no meat in this samich! That was nice yawl did all that ya ya..... but the bottom line here is big brotha is a DOG!
He know's what dogs do, cause he's one of them! BUT MOMMA and LIL SIS DON'T SEE BETWEEN the LINES! He wouldn't be so dam protective if he wasn't so sure about all the possibilities.

And where were they when he was getting all this knowledge? He know more than his own Mamma! (she raised him, now at 22 he know more than her)

I have 3 sons and if I had a daughter I would raise her no different than my sons I would worry more and yes be a lil more protective but she would have and be allowed the same privilages as my sons!

Black males are in just as much danger or more than females gangs, jail, shootings, drugs, sex the list goes on! My sons are 21, 20 & 14 you can not protect them every day of their life you job as a parent is to equipt them to survive on their own!

(My mother use to say " momma bird's job is to teach baby bird how to fly" and one day she pushes baby bird out of the nest and it must fly or come crashing down to its death!)
I have always believed in empowerment over protection! She should have had a heart to heart with big bro and he told her about all the BS to expect! But noooooo he so busy protecting her and sheltering her they gittin ready to send this full fledeged virgin off to college with lil social skilz!

hmmmmm I so who's gonna protect her THERE? I guess thats where prayer comes in "I hope she allright" Take the shackles off that Young woman and thats her brother not her DADDY!

I have no Biological daughters thats true but I have nieces that I have raised and about 100 serogate daughters I am a mentor for a youth group what you have done is HAMPER this YOUNG WOMANS DEVELOPMENT! Now you gonna send her off in to the wild blue younder and expect her to SOAR LIKE AN EAGLE?

this is UPTOWNE baby!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back