Niger : Twin Pyramids found in Niger

"1. What white people thought that Kemet was white? Since when? The Romans left records. The Greeks left records. The unmistakeable African statues and paintings that line all of Kemet are surely a dead give away. So where did this erudite piece of ignorance that you speak of come from except your own consciousness or lack of it???"

lets go back to this one shall we and in particular the lil bit ive highlited in red....

now first off i do believe kemet began as a nation of black africans .... but let us just examine the visual evidence that greeted the early archeologists explorin this area....

Take this sarcophagus cover in the Met museum \/
3_ashyit_sarchophagus_facsimile_from_Met_by_Wilkinson.jpg

would not the first impression this might give be of a highly mixed society - a black lady apparently with two whiteish female servants - two black servants - and two others both brown in appearnce - look at the sharp pointy nose of the serving girl on the left

or the relief of princess Nefertiabet in her tomb at Giza....
640px-Neferetiabet_c.jpg

would someone possibly consider her coloration more that of a white mediterranean rather than a full african?

what about this rather bendy theban dancer....
Egyptian-woman-dancer-on-ostraca.jpg

again more of a mixed look

yet when showing Nubians we see images like this......
egyptian-nubian.jpg

with only these images as evidence i dont believe it would be hard for a person to assume the princess to be from a totally different race to these men

next statues - on seeing these statues is the first reaction of a white person going to be ahhh this is a black woman?
nofretete_20877a.jpg

Nefertiti sporting a rather mixed color and features

when this pair of statues of Rahotep and his wife Nefret was discovered in there mastaba at Meidum wouldnt they have been seen maybe as an example of a mixed marriage??
Rahotep+and+Nefret.+Ancient+Egypt+History+Pictures.JPG

just a few of the visuals that might well have made someone think egypt was a land of whites semites black and combinations all mixed together

certainly not all the visuals point to a homogenous african population - and remember - these people will be lookin with white eyes - they will see things in these images that they want to see - and often that wont be a black african

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now hopefully by now you have been able to work out the difference between Champollion the younger and Champollion the elder - the one i was talkin about.....

From Becoming Yellow: a short history of Racial Thinking by M. Keevak....

"the elder Champollion argued that the Egyptians were Moorish and not black at all, and that they differed from Europeans only in that their skin had been "browned" by the climate - a fact that could supposedly be proved by the "well proportioned", "soft", and "aquiline" figures in the tomb......
...... it is impossible to find... any of the traits that characterise the race negre. The facial angle is beautiful, the features are regular.... the body having a comportment found in individuals of the white race"

From John Milton et al, Agents of Translation....

"...Jacques Joseph Champollion-Figeac, who blamed the ancients for spreading a false impression of a Negro Egypt, stating that "The opinion that the ancient population of Egypt belonged to the Negro African race, is an error long accepted as the truth...""

"1. What white people thought that Kemet was white? Since when? The Romans left records. The Greeks left records. The unmistakeable African statues and paintings that line all of Kemet are surely a dead give away. So where did this erudite piece of ignorance that you speak of come from except your own consciousness or lack of it???"

lets go back to this one shall we and in particular the lil bit ive highlited in red....

now first off i do believe kemet began as a nation of black africans .... but let us just examine the visual evidence that greeted the early archeologists explorin this area....

Take this sarcophagus cover in the Met museum \/
3_ashyit_sarchophagus_facsimile_from_Met_by_Wilkinson.jpg

would not the first impression this might give be of a highly mixed society - a black lady apparently with two whiteish female servants - two black servants - and two others both brown in appearnce - look at the sharp pointy nose of the serving girl on the left

or the relief of princess Nefertiabet in her tomb at Giza....
640px-Neferetiabet_c.jpg

would someone possibly consider her coloration more that of a white mediterranean rather than a full african?

what about this rather bendy theban dancer....
Egyptian-woman-dancer-on-ostraca.jpg

again more of a mixed look

yet when showing Nubians we see images like this......
egyptian-nubian.jpg

with only these images as evidence i dont believe it would be hard for a person to assume the princess to be from a totally different race to these men

next statues - on seeing these statues is the first reaction of a white person going to be ahhh this is a black woman?
nofretete_20877a.jpg

Nefertiti sporting a rather mixed color and features

when this pair of statues of Rahotep and his wife Nefret was discovered in there mastaba at Meidum wouldnt they have been seen maybe as an example of a mixed marriage??
Rahotep+and+Nefret.+Ancient+Egypt+History+Pictures.JPG

just a few of the visuals that might well have made someone think egypt was a land of whites semites black and combinations all mixed together

certainly not all the visuals point to a homogenous african population - and remember - these people will be lookin with white eyes - they will see things in these images that they want to see - and often that wont be a black african

Now hopefully by now you have been able to work out the difference between Champollion the younger and Champollion the elder - the one i was talkin about.....

From Becoming Yellow: a short history of Racial Thinking by M. Keevak....

"the elder Champollion argued that the Egyptians were Moorish and not black at all, and that they differed from Europeans only in that their skin had been "browned" by the climate - a fact that could supposedly be proved by the "well proportioned", "soft", and "aquiline" figures in the tomb......
...... it is impossible to find... any of the traits that characterise the race negre. The facial angle is beautiful, the features are regular.... the body having a comportment found in individuals of the white race"

From John Milton et al, Agents of Translation....

"...Jacques Joseph Champollion-Figeac, who blamed the ancients for spreading a false impression of a Negro Egypt, stating that "The opinion that the ancient population of Egypt belonged to the Negro African race, is an error long accepted as the truth...""

I don't get this post; are you making an argument that Egypt was Asiatic?

I don't get this post; are you making an argument that Egypt was Asiatic?

nope not at all - i firmly believe kemet was a black nation - im simply answering Mr Kenyattas comment that i quoted - he couldnt see how whites could fail to know kemet was a black nation - and those pics viewed through white eyes i beleieve might make a white think kemet wasnt all black - only later might they realise that in statues of couple the woman is often shown as pale - i dont think the painters were going for realistic colors - its all symbolic - but the first whites to research kemet probably woudnt know that

nope not at all - i firmly believe kemet was a black nation - im simply answering Mr Kenyattas comment that i quoted - he couldnt see how whites could fail to know kemet was a black nation - and those pics viewed through white eyes i beleieve might make a white think kemet wasnt all black - only later might they realise that in statues of couple the woman is often shown as pale - i dont think the painters were going for realistic colors - its all symbolic - but the first whites to research kemet probably woudnt know that

Oh okay. By the pictures I would think some were mixed and some also came from Ethip/Somali extraction

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back