Black Entertainment : TV Series/Movie Idea.

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by anAfrican, Apr 14, 2007.

1. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    Fuhgeddaboudit "Helen": you only launched a thousand war ships!

TV Series/Movie Title:
    The PMS: Attys at Law

[​IMG]
    Byline/Subtitle:
    Welcome to the House of Po'

(Taglines:
    "If they get on your case, you know that you are moving to the "poor house"!".
    "When these African WarriorLawyer Women finish with you, you will experience the "Glory" of pms!". "Oooohh! Those cramps! Sucks to be you, doesn't it?".
    "When these lawyers walk into a courtroom, everybody starts writing confessions and digging for their checkbooks!".
    Opening or closing remarks in each and every case: "Welcome to the House of Po'".)

A "small" corps of Young Women, (tens(?), dozens(?), hundreds(?)) in EACH African Nation, part of a previously totally secret planet-wide society of African Women ("African Woman of Earth": "AWE"?), has been studying, recording, knowing and exercising a database of ALL of the world's institutional, foundational, constitutional, corporate, intellectual property and contract laws, treaties, agreements, accords, constitutions, statutes and all the rest of the laws/agreements that mankind has implemented since mankind was implemented. (This is just the legal arm; "The SisterHood" has Her fingers in the middle of EVERYthing!)

The visible "tip of this spear" of twenty- and thirty- something "killer attorneys" is "T.H.E. Poetica" and her "partner in crime destruction". "THE Poetica" is a private attorney for a reclusive eccentric employer with an agenda of "creating a suitable environment for raising Children".

Watch as "The PMS" takes us on a journey to a 24/7/365.25 planet wide block party, with "THE Poetica" inadvertantly grabbing the Honor of "First African President of the USA" "en passant"! ("Say what!? President? <sigh> Well, OK, I suppose I could pencil that in somewhere.")

Featuring a cast of thousands: ALL African, from EVERY African Nation! Showcasing the Strength, Beauty and Grace of that Strongest of Forces: African Woman! Highlighting the Wonders of locally composed and directed music from each and EVERY African Nation, compiled and "choreographed" by Quincy Jones. (Hey! He's a "local"; why can't my fantasy have a "homie" doing the tunes!! <grin>)

Airing three times a week on Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings, right in the middle of their so-called dinner-hour prime time, each two week case will feature a number of different "branches" of "The PMS" from African Nations, with musical score highlighting those same nations.

Other thoughts:
    Why not some "entertainment" that shows us in a totally different light?

How about if it were all actually "edutainment", as in "this is how we do it"? ("And the beat goes on!")

Aided by "the Constellation", (an "umbrella" organization of that "reclusive eccentric employer"), "Destee.Com" becomes the "ElectroMagneticSpectrum Management Provider" of "The SisterHood" (need a name for that "secret society").

All writers, producers, set designers, costumers, camera operators, technicians, gaffers, drivers, etc., etc., are African. The only "white people" involved will be defendants!

Showcasing "tech stuff" conceived, created, manufactured and maintained by an "in story" corporation/institution of African applied technologies.

OK, so I'll admit it: this is just a vehicle to get some ideas out of my head - how many other corps, foundations, institutions have been founded for similar reasons? <grin>

This whole thing just sort of exploded into my head when my first thoughts were "she could play a lawyer on tv" upon seeing this pic and being reminded of just how much of Our Strength and Our Future I keep seeing in both halves of this age group.

R. Wayne Smith
    COPYRIGHT(c) 2007
    ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

2. PoeticManifesta

PoeticManifesta Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Local Insurance Agent
    Ratings:
    +47
    lol.. and to think my first major was pre law.. lol
    AnAfrican you never cease to amaze me with you witty and unique charm.. thanks for the smile. Ill be sure to get me a manager.. and get some funding... perhaps robert graves?
    see copyright disclaimer below!

3. anAfrican

United States
    Ratings:
    +745
    Indeed? Stands to reason, tho; the mind behind your wonderful, previously more regular, contributions to this forum would be a mind that would head in that direction. (really been missing those contributions! also, it was that which fuel[s/ed] my reaction to your pics! <grin>)

Just as water will always seek its own level, that "wit" and "charm" will only come out in response to appropriate stimuli!

Love that smile, even if/when I have to imagine it! I've always felt that my "most important job" in Life is to do all that I can to generate smiles! Especially those that get generated way down deep; I hope this was one such! Thank You for indicating another "win" for me!!
    Given that it will prolly be necessary to create most of the "offices" of the majority of this production, might as well do your/our own "managing", eh?

Funding: If there might be possibilities there, please do share the "fantasy" with him. Heck, he might even have thoughts/connections that could help this little dream along!

Considering how much discussion there is regarding how movies and thangs made about Africans are so distortive of Africans, it would be most wonderful if Africans could get behind a concept like this! (I'd love it were something of this nature to come about "verbatim", of course. However, I'd be just as happy with anything (almost) that did this sort of "showcasing" [i used that word a lot, didn't i?] of African Prowess/Excellence!) How about we brainstorm something like this, Family?

4. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    wow...........all i can say !

5. anAfrican

United States
    Ratings:
    +745
    Say what?? C'mon Brother $$RICH$$! I KNOW you got a smokin script for us!! <grin> Get them creative juices flowin!!

6. PoeticManifesta

PoeticManifesta Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Local Insurance Agent
    Ratings:
    +47
    this is actually a good idea.. the first black online drama. should we get some writers together.. and start a pilot.