TV fathers???

Discussion in 'Black Parenting' started by dustyelbow, Dec 17, 2007.

1. dustyelbow

dustyelbow Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    Hey, I want to say there are MILLIONS of children in the NATION and in the WORLD who are in the SAME SITUATION.

Check the video.

TV Fathers - Really (LT: Family Life )

I am certainly glad the man is a SO CALLED SUCCESS in the NATION but it begs the question what do BLACK CHILDREN do when there is no FATHER in the HOME.

That TV has becomes REAL LIFE hope and TRAGEDY which I find POTENTIALLY DEVASTATING.

Because TV is being PROGRAMMED with HIGHLY CHARGED SHOWS in the NATION leaving children OPEN to all kinds of INTEPRETATIONS.

Here's a story

Just last week I met a man who is from Harlem via SEPARATED parents being from Louisiana who told me a bit about his LIFE.

He said TV was where he learned to INTERACT with the WORLD.

In a sense people in the HARLEM COMMUNITY would QUESTION HIM ALOT because he did not have the ACCENT and STREET EDGE of his PEERS who PLAYED OUTSIDE.

He received his ACCENT and APPEARANCE from the SHOWS he watched on TV even though he LIVED and GREW UP in the NEIGHBORHOOD for MANY YEARS.

BLACK BARBERS would ask him WHERE ARE YOU FROM.

He even said INTEGRATION was no PROBLEM for HIM because he was USE to seeing WHITE PEOPLE on TV and FITTED right in INTEGRATED SCHOOLS while his PEERS in the NEIGHBORHOOD were in for the SHOCK of their LIVES.

That is all from TV, television, etc.

As an ADULT his FAVORITE ACTIVITY after WORK is to SIT ALONE and WATCH TV on the COUCH till he SLEEPS.

He said he watched an AVERAGE of 14 hours of TV back in the DAY.

Now he would not be considered a SUCCESS but certainly part of the EFFECTS imagine that PROGRAMMING on MILLIONS of NATION DWELLERS and the WORLD.

We are in some SERIOUS TROUBLE. Whether your married or not, something is SNATCHING POWER from CHILDHOOD and TRANSFORMING YOUTHS.

Oh well.

2. dustyelbow

dustyelbow Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    If you would bare with me...

My intentions are this...

When I am with the our YOUNG MEN, when things get a little EXCITING I here them speak of a MAN by the NAME of SCARFACE....

How he did THIS and did THAT...

I say to myself who is SCARFACE, I am a FOOL, YOUTH, may I ask you who is this SCARFACE FELLOW...

"Man, you dont KNOW who SCARFACE is, MISTER what have you been WATCHIN"

"Look I am DUMB, born out of IGNORANCE, can you tell me who this SCARFACE is"

"Yeah he is a MOVIE STAR, GANGSTA, DONT TAKE S*** from NO ONE"

Oh yeah???? Is he black?

No he some CUBAN HISPANIC N*****

Alright I see....

So, I listen to the YOUTHS day in and day out, so far NOBODY shows the same EXCITEMENT for their OWN FATHER or RECOGNIZED MEN from the COMMUNITY...

I find this both INTERESTING and also PROBLEMATIC

I keep hearing from our YOUTHS the LOVE of TV FATHERS but hardly NOTHING ABOUT REAL FATHERS and MEN in the COMMUNITY.

I can list all the MEN that DWELL in the COMMUNITY that I can SHINE with EXCITEMENT about but GUESS WHAT its not the SAME...

MANY of those FATHERS know are ASLEEP REST ASSURED of their NAME to remain in the LIPS of their OFFSPRING

But TODAY....

I keep hearing the SAME STORY of BLACK FATHERS and MEN in GENERAL,

It always begins with

HE LEFT MOM and ME....

My MOM said he was NO GOOD...

Father was very STRICT....

He treated my MOM like s****

Man you dont SOUND EXCITED. when it SOUNDS like you HURT young BROTHER or SISTER

Sounds like there is NO MAN worthy of PRAISE in the COMMUNITY....

There is always SOMEONE from TV worth all the PRAISE....

Hey did you know that TRANSLATE into POOR RELATIONSHIPS of MEN and WOMEN in the COMMUNITY

That lack of PRAISE....

That is ONE of the SECRETS (not really) of US surviving in the LAND of the FOUNDING FATHERS...

Has RUTHLESS WHITE PLAN to WIPE OUT THE NAMES of GOOD and NOT SO GOOD MEN (FATHERS) who DWELL RIGHT in the COMMUNITY really is working with his PLAN to SET YOUR FATHER FROM TV

and if you dont like him you can SWITCH CHANNELS till you find ONE....

Maybe more to come...