Pan Africanism : Tutu urges apartheid prosecutions

Discussion in 'Black History - Culture - Panafricanism' started by panafrica, Dec 16, 2005.

1. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/4534196.stm

2. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    What amazes me about this situation is that here you have a country where blacks are in the majority and have high political (not economic) power. Yet they continue to struggle with racism and discrimination after the fall of Apartheid. However in the US, where blacks are in the minority...do not have significant political nor economic power...people try to pretend that racism & discrimination are non existant.

3. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    Good points, maybe this goes to you that political power is usually leveraged by economic clout.

Black people do not run the stock market, and until we do, we cannot flex any political muscle.

4. militant

militant Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    Pan, the more I learn of the American system by virtue of my presence, the more I agree with you and thats the frustration that made me timeout for a while.

Like Sekhemu has said, economics is very important and that has been the main points of my posts for a while. I do not intend to concentrate on political struggle but economics. A couple of million jews couldnt have possibly been wrong by using fighting on the economic front right?

5. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    Until the black community is self-sufficient: meeting all our basic needs (including education, housing, employment, food, media information, transportation, etc), we will always be subjected to discrimination. This is the missing piece of the puzzle, why black folks as a whole don't seem to be able to progress. We can't progress because we are looking for other people to do for us what we aren't willing to do for ourselves. That is not only unrealistic, it is outright foolishness!! Integration has never been the answer to our problems. Indeed, integration is akin to waving a white flag and giving up (if you can't beat them, join them). The only method for the black community worldwide to improve their social-economic position is self-determination.