Black Entertainment : TUPAC'S "REVOLUTIONARY" MYTHS

I-khan said:
omowalejabli

Where can I get it?Will it be sold at your "everyday store."

Brother I-Khan,
I have posted the web site more than once but here goes again...

http://www.daretostruggle.org.

The site has contact information.

Peace...

abstract219 said:
oh boy...here we go again.....EVERY DAY...TUPAC WAS A "REVOLUTIONARY"...not hardly...maybe in the music biz...

Tupac was a rapper...a entertainer. A good one, I agree. Not the best in the game in my opinion, but he was great.

I just draw the line when people say he was a "revolutionary" and a "activist"....tell me, what revolutionary acts did he perform?
1. Did he sponsor marches, did he open health clinics in black neighborhoods? No, he just sang about it.
2. What grass roots organization did Tupac Shakur start? His mother now started one, but Pac never did.....
3. Did he stand outside the schools, making sure black children got breakfast? No...he just sang about it.....
4. Did he walk the streets of LA with a rifle, to ensure black people were not brutalized by the police? Absolutely not.....he just sang about it.

He even said it himself..."I make records...People think this is my real life...I just make records."

You get so tired of this same comment "he was a revolutionary/activist with Panther roots"....Yea, promoting "thug life"....degrading/raping black women....drug use.....tales of drug sales....threats of killing other black men....that aint hardly ''REVOLUTIONARY''

I dont think the Panthers would want anything to do with Tupac. Folks, he was a entertainer, nothing more or less....I hardly think a REVOLUTIONARY would be "ridin or dyin" for some drug revenge scenario.....even dealing with a criminal like Shug Knight......or stomping another black man at a hotel lobby....which may have lead to his untimely death.

Stokely Carmicheal, Assata Shakur (no relation) Malcom, Martin Luther King, Medgar Evans, Angela Davis, SNCC, the Panthers were REVOLUTIONARIES....People who died or suffered in the causes of black people. Not self-centered, millionaire recording artists.

Tupac was a ENTERTAINER, concerned only with record sales. Nothing more, nothing less.....I aint got a problem with Tupac,,,excellent poet, great entertainer, but a revolutionary and activist, he was not....and I think this comment degrades and disrespects the true revolutionaries and activists in our communities who do the work, and even die out of the love of black people.

I get so tired of these peeps tellin me "Tupac was a revolutionary-activist.."....I just didnt see it....
These kids got to be clear and defined when they use those words (revolutionary, activists) around certain people.

Ditto on this post, Abstract219. The young man was no revolutionary, and I don't CARE who his mother or stepdad is.

Lailah Ali's dad was the greatest heavyweight of all times, but that don't make her the fighter her dad was. She's a helluva lot prettier than him, but that's where the comparisions end.

I used to hate Tupac saw him as just another sell out willing to promote everything negative about the black race just to get paid.
But I have listened to a lot more of his stuff of late.

Sure he did all the expected negative stuff made the pro violence and killing stuff.
Hit em up.
Made Nlggaz
and a lot of other negative tunes.
But he also did a whole lot of stuff that was positive and pro black and showed respect for the black female
Such as .
Dear Mama .
Keep your head up.
Nobody gives a f**k about us.
Holla if you hear me.
Changes
so many tears
Of course the white media didn't push that stuff just the anti black stereotypical stuff.
I think in the end Tupac was a victim of the white system that kept him so long in a negative place without hope and were crime was the easist way to feed oneself and a system were he finally made it only by making a stream of anti black gangsta crap.
But he also seemed intelligent talented and even at times nice, often think with a better start in life with and even if he had gotten more positive people around him once he reached fame and fortune and had his chance at escaping the cycle racisim causes Tupac could have been a becon of hope showing others a more legit way out of the plight off ghetto living .
Sadly Tupac got used not just by the white media who saw him as a way of promoting negative black images and a route to a quick buck but evil black folk like Suge Knight he saw him in the same light.
If things were different maybe Tupac could have been a beacon and a revoloutionary some of his tunes and poems suggested that could have been in him.
Sadly he just ended up a victim, a victim of the oppresive and poverty striken circumstances he was born into and the anger and confusion that creates.
And a victim to those around him both before he was famous and afterwards who just used and saw him as a meal ticket.
And his own inability to truly break free of either.
In the end he is a sad case another wasted black life whose full potential was never able to be reached who died a pointless victim to circumstances.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back