Black Sports : Tszyu "no mas" between 11th round and 12th round

Discussion in 'Black Sports' started by Monetary, Jun 4, 2005.

1. Monetary

Monetary going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +236
    I never saw this coming. I thought Tszyu would have knocked Ricky out. You never know in boxing. Ricky was in great shape...and Tszyu wasn't...too much punishment from Ricky "The Hitman" Hatton. I guess Mayweather will seek a fight with Hatton now.

2. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Quit trying to post boxing results before me Money!! I was also surprised/impressed by Hatton. I had not been impressed with Ricky's progression until now. Indeed I though he was overhyped. However, he showed that he was the real deal tonight. Although I though he fought kinda of dirty at times, he stood toe to toe with Tszyu, which is far from an easy task. Hatton-Weather (no way he loses to Gatti) should be a super fight.

3. oceolo

oceolo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +15
    Tsyu must not be the same fighter anymore . I know Hatton cant be that good.

4. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Ricky Hatton vs. Miguel Cotto would also be an intriguing matchup.

5. Monetary

Monetary going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +236
    :lol: Aiight, bruh. My bad. That fight was exciting; almost as exciting as Castillo vs Corralles. I say ALMOST because Castillo vs Corralles was more of an inside technical fight. The fighting skills of each opponent was obvious. I can't say that about the Tszyu vs Hatton fight.

I totally agree with that. He did whatever he thought he had to do. Hatton had the stronger will last night. I doubt if any fighter prepares for a fight like that...continuous pressure round after round. I do believe Hatton got his second wind and Tszyu didn't get his. Hence, he had to take a lot of punishment.

6. MississippiRed

MississippiRed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    Man that was a shocker but it made me realize something that I've known but have probably forgotten..We probably have never seen Ricky Hatton at his best due to the guys he's been in there with he didn't have to turn on the jets like he did last night and the way he fights is just plain ugly he's a fighter not a boxer in any sense of the word except he does work off his jab...last night I saw a lot of good in that young man, he was aggressive as hell , he took some solid shoots and never stopped coming forward , never even blinked while taking Tyzu's hard rights and lefts I mean didn't even blink and he showed me he's no punk...Tyzu hit him low and Hatton shattered him with a low blow right behind it.....whoever fights Hatton will have to put in work staying away from him and keeping him at arms length unless they want to get into that inside fight but I think against somebody with good defense and footwork he'd get worked because he only comes forward never at angles but if he gets in it's on ....Mayweather v Hatton I think would be a good one...Super v Hatton also....we're living in good times now yall...the fight game hasn't been this good in a long time....enjoy it while we have it ....

Red