Pan Africanism : Trying hard to prove Africa is not the birthplace for mankind.

Discussion in 'Black History - Culture - Panafricanism' started by dustyelbow, Dec 28, 2005.

1. dustyelbow

dustyelbow Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    For me it does not matter but alot of media attention on two out of so many archeologists in this world wanting to demonstrate that mankind did not come from Africa.

As you can see I am using man and mankind. Because this article is trying to figure out what is considered "where humans, or humanlike beings, first walked the Earth." Human is a Roman terminology as is Africa the name of the continent of our ancestors. But this isnt about semantics this is about facts.

As one ancestral 'fresh from being in slavery earlier in his childhood life until the US Civil War changed things' African American states...

A theory is a theory, because it lacks facts.

So far Africa and the development of man has been proven but let's ask the question.....

2. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    Yes i have heard this before. This is just another Euro move of desperation, they want to get the "first humans " closer to the Caucus region of ASIA/ EURASIA THAT IS. i BELIEVE THE OLDER IT IS THE DARKER IT IS. sHOW ME SOME PROOF OF OLDER CIVILIZATIONS IN ASIA.

WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM THOSE IN THE FORUM WHO SPECIALIZE IN HISTORY OR ARCHEOLOGY.

You know I actually heard some white so-called scientists on the radio saying-They are sure civilization began in asia or India because they had the highest concentration of gold. And it could not have been Africa because Africa didnt have the gold that India had-.

Honestly I dont see how these people are even labeled scientists. there is so much wrong with that statement I wont even address it.

3. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    This is another attempt to white wash history, which shouldn't be surprising. There have always been archaeologists and historians who for political reasons have rejected the origins of man being in Africa. Indeed for centuries white archaelogists searched in vain for signs of man's origins in Europe. It was only until "Lucy" was found in Ethiopia, that the true origins of man finally came to the right place. Since Lucy's discovery many white scientist have pathetically tried to white wash Africa: "Well if mankind did start in Africa 'certainly' they didn't look like modern Africans". After realizing that it was impossible to white wash Africa, logically they started to look elsewhere. Asians are closer to Whites on the racial scale, and is known to have older, more advanced civilizations than Europe. This would be a logical place to look. I don't doubt that the Asian find is legitimate, but the conclusion of it certainly is political. The article already admits the earliest "human type" are of African origin; however, what they are trying to say is that the more advance types were in Asia. That is purely speculation, which would require more proof than they currently have. My opinion of this? Keep digging guys, you aren't there yet!

4. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    I dunno.......

There is an upside and a downside for touchy topics such as this. The more it is accepted that Africa is the birthplace of all humans, the more Europeans will try and stake claim to African territory. IMO, deep in their hearts, many "other" races know this. There is absolutely nothing wrong with expansion and migration, but never when it is done out of greed to exploit.

5. I-khan

I-khan Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +47
    Did you guys know that Homo-erectus had a bigger brain than we do?
    Did you know that no matter where they find Homo-erectus bones they all look African in origin?It has been proven,thought barely discussed,that Homo-erectus left Africa much earlier than proposed and settled in various areas.

6. dustyelbow

dustyelbow Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    Out of Africa theory is refuted
    UPI

February 10, 2006

ST. LOUIS, MO, USA -- A Washington University scientist says that a robust analysis of recently derived human gene trees shows that there were three, not two, major African migrations.

The researcher, Alan Templeton, says that result statistically strongly refutes the so-called Out of Africa replacement theory.

The theory holds populations of Homo sapiens left Africa 100,000 years ago and wiped out existing populations of humans. Templeton says that he has shown that the African populations interbred with the Eurasian populations.

"The Out of Africa replacement theory has always been a big controversy," Templeton said. "I set up a null hypothesis and the program rejected that hypothesis using the new data with a probability level of 10 to the minus 17th. In science, you don't get any more conclusive than that. It says that the hypothesis of no interbreeding is so grossly incompatible with the data, that you can reject it."

Templeton said that his analysis is considered the only definitive statistical test to refute the theory, dominant in human evolution science for more than two decades.

"Not only does the new analysis reject the theory, it demolishes it," he said.

Templeton published his study's results in the Yearbook of Physical Anthropology, 2005.

7. I-khan

I-khan Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +47
    Early humans made love, not war, according to new DNA analysis presented at a genetics conference that gives a new twist on the out-of-Africa hypothesis of human origins.

U.S. researcher Professor Alan Templeton of Washington University, St Louis, debunks the prevailing version of the out-of-Africa hypothesis, which says early humans migrated from Africa and wiped out Eurasian populations.

Instead, they bred, he told the Genetics Society of Australia's annual conference in Melbourne this week.

Templeton said his evidence didn't support the so-called replacement theory in which African hominids caused the extinction of other Homo species.

Instead, he said his analysis of the human genome showed prehistoric gene-swapping created a single evolutionary lineage beginning in Africa and ending where we are today.

He looked at mitochondrial DNA, as well as DNA on a range of chromosomes including X and Y.

"The genetic legacy of current humans is predominantly of African origin," he said.

Templeton is the first to suggest expansion out of Africa occurred in three waves: 2 million years ago, 800,000 years ago and 100,000 years ago.

The alternative view suggests that expansion out of Africa occurred twice and caused the genetic extinction of existing populations, with the colonisers later diversifying into separate races.

http://www.abc.net.au/science/news/stories/s1153697.htm

8. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    INTERESTING. BUT STILL THIS DOESNT ANSWER HOW EUROS AND ASIANS WERE CREATED. THE ARTICLE TALKED ABOUT INTER BREEDING WITH NEANDEERTHAL. ARE EUROPEANS NEANDERTHAL? I WOULD LOVGE TO SEE THE RESEARCH ON THAT.

9. Charlie_Bass

Charlie_Bass Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Calm down, there is no Euro conspiracy, its simply a different opinion[which I happen to strongly disagree with] not necessarily motivated by racism.

10. Charlie_Bass

Charlie_Bass Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    So far the geentic evidence certainly refutes the notion that Neanderthals and modern humans interbred, but there does exist a very small possibility that it did happen, but not to the point that multiregionality is supported. I agree that some people want to favor the multiregional model as a quick way to explain the differences between *MODERN* people. Cro-Magnons, the earliest people in Europe don't resemble modern Europeans[those we call white] anyways.