Law Forum : Trump's Victory Has Fearful Minorities Buying Up Guns

Discussion in 'Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership' started by Liberty, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Liberty

Liberty Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,284
    After Donald Trump's win, Yolanda Scott is upgrading the crowbar she keeps in her purse to a small-caliber pistol.

Scott, an African-American, is one of many minorities who have been flocking to gun stores to protect themselves, afraid Trump's victory will incite more hate crimes.

"You feel that racists now feel like they can attack us just because the president is doing it," one gun shop owner told NBC News.

Gun store owners told NBC News that since November 8 they're seeing up to four times as many black and minority customers — and black gun groups are reporting double the normal number of attendees at their meetings since the election.

Read more

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/consumer/trump-s-victory-has-fearful-minorities-buying-guns-n686881

Gun sales to minorities surge after Trump's win

They got their president. She got her gun.
    nbcnews.com

2. HODEE

HODEE going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +834
    Interesting article. This buying of guns has gone viral in many parts of the United States. I will have to buy myself some additional ammo.
    " THIS ( country ) PLACE SHOWN GONE CRAZY"... I was speaking to my youngest sister, and she shared with me the new gun law that takes effect in Missouri January 1, 2017.

In Ferguson Mo. for instance the Brothers that deal, and do as they do. Are ruthless and do thangs... killing like it was wholesale.
    Her concern is that additional escalation potential with this new GUN Law could create additional street havoc in Missouri unlike ever seen on the streets. If that did happen then the spark and fuse of concern possibly could be lit across the country. Spurring outbreaks and gun battles.

The NEW POTUS to be has not tempered the racist, rhetoric he espoused, has not denounced racism... his mic was broken... he said. Promoted his rally attendees to violence or additional violence even after a win.

People of all races, gender are arming themselves as your article says.

Here is the Missouri story. Basically Missouri already already allowed anyone to carry a non concealed gun. Now that only applied to police and whites of course. Because a Black Man / or Woman anywhere in Missouri would have been shot on sight with a holster weapon of any kind.

This new law goes further. Starting january 1, 2017. The law changed to include " Anyone can carry a concealed weapon" This is a set up people... Missouri police will stop every Black Man and Woman and ask. " Are you carrying a concealed weapon? Blacks will be targeted under the claim and suspicion that they dont have clean criminal records and should be stopped and questioned.

With many young men known to carry anyway... tensions are high in Missouri. Blacks are concentrated in the Inner city of St. Louis, and out in the county's like Ferguson / Florissant. Sprinkled lightly into other outlining more affluent counties.

upload_2016-11-25_4-53-11.png

http://www.kspr.com/content/news/Mi...-no-permit-gun-law-in-Missouri-393567211.html

New no-permit concealed gun law in Missouri brings mixed feelings

The new law will end the need for a permit to carry a concealed gun, starting Jan. 1. It's already legal to openly carry a gun in Missouri.
    kspr.com

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (KSPR) - Starting next year, you won't have to have a permit or even training to carry a concealed gun in Missouri. Lawmakers reversed the governor's veto of a law that loosens the state's gun laws.

There's no question that Kirk Bradley is pro-gun.

"Got a 38, got a 9 mm, I got a 22 handgun, got a 9mm, and then I've got a 22," said gun owner Bradley.

He has a trunk full of guns, and a permit to carry them.

"I went through that course, after that I had to get a background check," said Bradley.

Without it, he worries guns could get into the wrong hands.

"They're gonna have people carrying a firearm that shouldn't be carrying a firearm," said Bradley.

That's why this pro-gun enthusiast is against the change in the state's gun law that makes it easier to carry a gun. We're talking about senate bill 656 --It makes it so you don't need a permit or training to carry a gun anymore.
    Nick Newman runs a conceal carry training class and a gun shop.

"It'll probably increase our sales because I think there are some people that want to carry and for some reason didn't wanna get a ccw permit," said Nick Newman.

But he says that doesn't mean he agrees with the gun law changes because he says people need to be trained before they carry a gun.

"It's kinda like driving a car, we all drive a car but we have to get a permit and understand what the rules are first, I kinda feel the same way about a ccw permit, it would be a good idea to have a basic level of instruction or go through a course first," said Newman.

That's why he says they're still suggesting people go through the class at his store, but now even if you have this many guns, you won't need to.

Despite concerns, the conceal carry part of the bill will go into effect in January.

Gun owners to whom we’ve talked have mixed reactions about the law that will let everyone carry a concealed gun with no permit, starting Jan. 1, 2017. It's already legal to openly carry a gun without a permit.

In order to get a permit to carry a concealed gun now, you have to go through a background check, have a clean record, and go through training.

Gun shop owner Nick Newman teaches those training classes at his shop. He said, without that training, he might lose a little business but he's more concerned about safety.

Some say the concealed guns will get into the wrong hands and there will be more violence. Newman said it's not violence that he's worried about.

"I think people that were violent or had tendency to carry for the wrong reasons are already doing that without a permit anyway, and we're not seeing a rise, so I don't really think that's the case, I prefer to see people trained and safe and understand what the applications are," said Newman.

The new law takes effect on Jan. 1.

3. Liberty

Liberty Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,284
    I agree, HODEE, this is a set-up of sorts. We know the law has always practiced a double standard for us. Also, remember white folks had their surge in gun buying, too.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...w-record-ahead-of-new-obama-gun-restrictions/

Gun sales hit new record ahead of new Obama gun restrictions

It fits a pattern we've seen plenty of times before.
    washingtonpost.com

We are returning to the Wild, Wild, West... I have seen the open carry group (white men) boldly marching through an AA neighborhood (city). And, I know darn well, that if the tables were turned, if a group of AA men were marching openly carrying weapons through a white neighborhood the reaction would have been different. White folks would be claiming that they feared for their lives, etc.

But, what else can we do? If "they" are stocking up....

Bad times ahead.

4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +14,472
  5. Hermetic

Hermetic Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +313
    I think it is great. More of our law abiding people should own and train with a firearm. We should not seek trouble, but it is prudent to be prepared for trouble if it comes. Once our people finally realize that we have to build our own economic base again, we will also need to be able to protect it from the deprivations of jealous people. I do strongly believe that good people armed makes the community safer.

6. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +14,472
    trump has brought the nation to the brink of civil war...