Al D

We become that which we repeatedly do..
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 24, 2015
Florida
africafifth.net
Occupation
Retired Business Owner
But it can be paid or it'll be taken.....its not about IF or COULD it be paid....its a debt whites owe....and we ain't talking about China........just got to remove you bougies and agents from amidst the community......
I gotta say, I just get a kick out of folks talking about reparations, like their behinds were once slaves and to keep going on about how it's gonna be taken because it's owed. Man, let's be real, you cats ain't taking s--t from the white man except an a-- whipping..Folks always grandstanding about what they gonna do.. Absolutely nothing except keep shooting off at the mouth.. Two thirds of black folks don't even know who their ancestors are and couldn't tell you where in Africa they come from..Most can't even balance a checkbook and don't even know what a bank account is..Folks wanna get something, they need to get some education and knowledge. Develop some skill sets and build....

Chidike

Feb 21, 2016
I gotta say, I just get a kick out of folks talking about reparations, like their behinds were once slaves and to keep going on about how it's gonna be taken because it's owed. Man, let's be real, you cats ain't taking s--t from the white man except an a-- whipping..Folks always grandstanding about what they gonna do.. Absolutely nothing except keep shooting off at the mouth.. Two thirds of black folks don't even know who their ancestors are and couldn't tell you where in Africa they come from..Most can't even balance a checkbook and don't even know what a bank account is..Folks wanna get something, they need to get some education and knowledge. Develop some skill sets and build....
Speak for yourself breh........

So I'm going to assume off of what you're stating here, that when you next go do a job for someone else either willfully or unwillfully, you don't need to be paid for your work.......Well well well, maybe I need you to come work for me breh, since you don't mind doing **** for free.....

Got it.......

Queenie

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
SIDE NOTE:

Sad, but true about raparations! It would be powerful though, if we could make an argument for it that would stick in the courts.

Native Indians sue the federal government and win and have gotten billions of dollars paid to tribal nations.

A reparations agreement was signed between Israel and the federal republic of Germany to pay the cost of resettling and the losses of Jewish
livelihood and property resulting from Nazi persecution and genocide. Germany has paid more than $60 billion dollars in reparations.

I agree Bro. AI D, most AAs can't trace their heritage and no, we aren't slaves but thanks to science and progress made with DNA research, that won't be the case much longer.

True, we do a whole lot of grandstanding here at times, seldom in agreement on how "we" should battle against oppression. Frustrated with each other over when will it be time to take a stand and do something collectively.

And for some who think that it was supposed to be, affirmative action is not reparations for the AA because in practice, it is white women who are receiving the greatest advantage from it, not AAs.

But again, hopefully DNA will give us the familial links we need to prove who we are. After 400 years, it will be a beautiful thing to make that connection to our ancestors--finally.

But interestingly, while during research on reparations, I discovered we almost got it, but it was taken away. The whole "40 acres and a mule" story was promised by General William T. Sherman who met with twenty African American leaders who told him that land ownership was the best way for blacks to secure and enjoy their newfound freedom. Of the approximately 40,000 freedmen who got land abandoned by whites during the Civil War, and after farming more than 400,000 acres of coastal land in Georgia and South Carolina, barely 2,000 were able to hold on to the land after President Andrew Johnson took it and returned it to the former owners. So, unable to come up with the capital to pay for the land, thousands of freed slaves were left with nothing.

Sharecroppers in the Post-Civil War South

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
SIDE NOTE:

Sad, but true about raparations! It would be powerful though, if we could make an argument for it that would stick in the courts.

Native Indians sue the federal government and win and have gotten billions of dollars paid to tribal nations.

A reparations agreement was signed between Israel and the federal republic of Germany to pay the cost of resettling and the losses of Jewish
livelihood and property resulting from Nazi persecution and genocide. Germany has paid more than $60 billion dollars in reparations.

I agree Bro. AI D, most AAs can't trace their heritage and no, we aren't slaves but thanks to science and progress made with DNA research, that won't be the case much longer.

True, we do a whole lot of grandstanding here at times, seldom in agreement on how "we" should battle against oppression. Frustrated with each other over when will it be time to take a stand and do something collectively.

And for some who think that it was supposed to be, affirmative action is not reparations for the AA because in practice, it is white women who are receiving the greatest advantage from it, not AAs.

But again, hopefully DNA will give us the familial links we need to prove who we are. After 400 years, it will be a beautiful thing to make that connection to our ancestors--finally.

But interestingly, while during research on reparations, I discovered we almost got it, but it was taken away. The whole "40 acres and a mule" story was promised by General William T. Sherman who met with twenty African American leaders who told him that land ownership was the best way for blacks to secure and enjoy their newfound freedom. Of the approximately 40,000 freedmen who got land abandoned by whites during the Civil War, and after farming more than 400,000 acres of coastal land in Georgia and South Carolina, barely 2,000 were able to hold on to the land after President Andrew Johnson took it and returned it to the former owners. So, unable to come up with the capital to pay for the land, thousands of freed slaves were left with nothing.

Sharecroppers in the Post-Civil War South

Actually, the case for Reparations is on the dockets of the Supreme Court:

The General William T. Sherman link to 40 acres and a mule, you listed above (below), isn't working, but here's another one, known as Special Field Order No. 15:

"The whole "40 acres and a mule" story was promised by General William T. Sherman who met with twenty African American leaders who told him that land ownership was the best way for blacks to secure and enjoy their newfound freedom"

Queenie

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
Thanks, Bro. Clyde for adding more details and updates. It is very much appreciated. Should have known this topic had been thoroughly discussed here. Filed with the Supreme Court in 2007? I'll have to read the threads you linked here. Thanks, again!

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Thanks, Bro. Clyde for adding more details and updates. It is very much appreciated. Should have known this topic had been thoroughly discussed here. Filed with the Supreme Court in 2007? I'll have to read the threads you linked here. Thanks, again!

Not a problem NNQueen, no, not at all. However to the contrary, Destee's Thread received zero discussion in 2006. It wasn't until 2010 that discussion actually took place on Reparations. Largely, the blame for such apathy reflects our people's pessimism toward Reparations, one way or the other.

I've heard every argument under the Sun explaining why we should drop the idea of just compensation for the free labor our ancestors supplied, resulting in the richness of America and abroad :facepalm:

oldsoul

willa

Apr 7, 2013
Reparations can be paid.......Obama comes out of a white womb.....he wasn't never doing ****...

But it can be paid or it'll be taken.....its not about IF or COULD it be paid....its a debt whites owe....and we ain't talking about China........just got to remove you bougies and agents from amidst the community......
Let me get this straight. So Obama is part of the white privilege? And if the white community doesn't pay, somebody is going to take it whether they like it or not? You do realize that white people are moving along in peace; and, not every other race or ethnic group is going to like your idea?!

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Let me get this straight. So Obama is part of the white privilege? And if the white community doesn't pay, somebody is going to take it whether they like it or not? You do realize that white people are moving along in peace; and, not every other race or ethnic group is going to like your idea?!

And some see the need for Reparations better than most of us:

White boy talking reparations
Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by BlackScratchFever, Today at 9:00 PM.

http://www.destee.com/index.php?threads/white-boy-talking-reparations.76605/

http://www.destee.com/index.php?threads/white-boy-talking-reparations.76605/#post-808748

Al D

We become that which we repeatedly do..
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 24, 2015
Florida
africafifth.net
Occupation
Retired Business Owner
Speak for yourself breh........

So I'm going to assume off of what you're stating here, that when you next go do a job for someone else either willfully or unwillfully, you don't need to be paid for your work.......Well well well, maybe I need you to come work for me breh, since you don't mind doing **** for free.....

Got it.......
You're not talking about getting paid for something you did , but what someone else did... Now if your behind was out there, picking that cotton and getting whipped, well that's another story. But you weren't....So yeah I got it....Oh and by the way this statement below was made by you breh.
No so i'm a Realist......My prosperity will come from Universal law and order....
When did reparations become a part of universal law and order?

Chidike

Feb 21, 2016
You're not talking about getting paid for something you did , but what someone else did... Now if your behind was out there, picking that cotton and getting whipped, well that's another story. But you weren't....So yeah I got it....Oh and by the way this statement below was made by you breh.

When did reparations become a part of universal law and order?
Don't quote me anymore.....this is pure ignorance you're stating

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

butterfly#1 wrote on Angela22's profile.
Absolutely!
Destee wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! ... :love: :yaay: :kiss: :yaay: :love:
Love is Gonna Last!!
Destee wrote on One-Hundredd's profile.
@One-Hundredd and @Clyde C Coger Jr ... everyone can add images and video to their own albums (as well as other categories) by clicking the MEDIA link at the top of the page too ... using this link ... https://destee.com/media/ ... just click ... ADD NEW ... to add new images / videos ... Loving Us! Thanks to both of you! :heart:
Destee wrote on Ms Drea's profile.
Hi My Dear Darling Sister - I owe you a phone call. Don't give up on me. I Love You! :heart: