Black People : Trouble In Alphaville? - Herman “Skip” Mason - Alpha Phi Alpha Head Man - Accused of Stealing?

i'm not part of the fraternity / sorority world ... so tell me ... is this a big deal ?

no prison time consequence ... just character and integrity damage ?

i guess no organization wants scandal like this though ... from the top down ... ??

okay ... i guess time will tell

Thanks Again!

:heart:

Destee

YES! When you kick a member of the family, and thats what a brother/sister is considered, out it is a very big deal. People get suspended all the time. but to get kicked out. Moreover, for it to be published that you are permanently OUT. You had to do something aggregious.

YES! When you kick a member of the family, and thats what a brother/sister is considered, out it is a very big deal. People get suspended all the time. but to get kicked out. Moreover, for it to be published that you are permanently OUT. You had to do something aggregious...

ahhhh ... okay ... thanks

i'll keep my ear to the ground on this one ... :look: ... :love:

Love You!

Destee

ahhhh ... okay ... thanks

i'll keep my ear to the ground on this one ... :look: ... :love:

Love You!

Destee

Oh if true, it will be all over the frat and sorror grapevine real soon. And I suspect it is true. Because there would have been public denials by now. They want indictements. So it will go public quick. Moreover, there may be some trustees going down to

1. This article reads like a gossip column. What does his troubled marriage have to do with him embezzling funds...? Way to sensationalize. Hard to see what's fact and what it isn't. Feel like I'm reading about Trayvon Martin....

2. *smirk* A black man called, 'Skip'.

3. So, they had issues with the man from the beginning. Hmm. If he stole? SMH. One question: Have they located the co-conspirator? *laugh* I dunno. I figure... 'Skip' must do the accounting for Alpha Phi Alpha, as well. What with all the eyeballs on him, I find it hard to imagine how this 'bloated little boo-boo' managed to slip past an audit for almost 2 calendar years....:10400:

4. I do make exceptions, but (as a gen'l rule) I really don't care to 'donate' to orgs. Don't care who they are or who founded them. I'd rather volunteer time/svs/skills, anyhow.

...and I'm talking volunteering, sororities, social clubs, pet clubs, etc....
Everyone wants some dues & donations. Chi/Toy breed rescue, 'Wounded Warriors' and my sorority are the only groups that I throw money at with 'verve'. I like pets...and I put heart & soul into being members of the latter two.
At one time or another.
Everyone one? The usual: characteristic reluctance.
There are benefits to membership, though. So, I s'pose it's not a total loss. I guess....
You get to meet people, network, volunteer and social climb...over luncheons, dinners and galas.

This pass few days, the girls got all 'bougied up'... *laugh*... in their wide-brimmed spring hats and spring colors and sipped mint juleps to celebrate 'motherhood'...with the local news in attendance. There was a freakin' hat contest and photo ops and, somewhere in the midst of all that, they managed to raise a couple thousand for...hell, I dunno -- uh, dirt farmers in Bangladesh...?
*laugh*
I dunno.
I've been running with this kind of crowd since I was a child. Wasn't my choice...really. My mother volun-told me. I couldn't even be a Del-teen (delta sigma theta aux for teen girls), like the rest of my friends? I had to join the teen aux for the Alpha Kappa Alpha....
But, yeah...'this crowd'. Been dealing with 'this crowd' for a while.
After a while, it all just seems a bit... contrived....?
I didn't attend the function...and no - this wasn't a black sorority function. It was hosted by a young black professional group of late 20 and 30-somethings.

I understand why the 'blacker' black folks ...*laugh*... are so critical of certain black groups/organizations.
...and I'm not spilling state secrets, here. *laugh* Everyone knows that you can't join certain black orgs and 'mommy groups' unless:
A. You're vouched in
and
B. You look good 'on paper'.
...and the only folks being helped are those who are able to help themselves. <-- a common theme.
I understand why certain things exist as they are, but there's a kind of 'wrongness' to it.
There are good people in these groups. They mean well.
I want to say that I'm not knocking black orgs, but...I guess I am.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back