Black Relationships : Trophy Wives

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by kente417mojo, Jan 26, 2005.

1. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    Why do some men make tons of money and work hard in order to get a trophy wife? Some men think that's the American Dream...to work hard, get millions and marry some hot chick that only finds you attractive for your money. Is that what guys dream of doing? Are there that many men with self-esteem so low that they have to pay a woman to be on their arm? Now, we all know that there are more women than not that will audition for the part as trophy wives, but what about the men that knowingly do this? Do you think most men would trade in their current wife or girlfriend if they suddenly came into millions of dollars...even though the new wife would probably be a money hungry trophy wife...only there to help you spend those millions? Is that what men work hard for....to get hot women that wouldn't talk to you otherwise?

2. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    I'll take loyalty & faithfulness over beauty anyday (although my wife is beautiful)!

3. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    First off, Black is Beautiful, and God don't like ugly! He would not set you up with someone that you will not be impressed with.

Secondly, Why does everyone jump on the men first?I hope no sistahs get offended by this, because I have nothing but the utmost respect for them, but it needs to be said. I have encountered many women who say, "If I want to have a man, first he needs to have money, then he needs to take care of me." Isn't that the woman making herself look like a trophy wife? Because if you want to blame men for paying women to lock their arms, then you better blame women for only taking men who make money. Women are supposed to be smart (the women I grew up to know were smart). Why would you make money a priority when it comes to men?
    A woman id God's gift to a man - I never knew that that gift came with a price tag! Why can't the two of you just be proud of the fact that God put you to togehter? If you like money so much, How about getting together to make money?

Now you see what money has done to us. I'll bet back in the day, it did not matter how much money a man or woman had to consider being together. I call that being ungrateful is you cannot appreciate the gift that God gave you. Moeny has really destroyed us, and now you see what happens when you allow money to make you.

Speaking of Husband-Wife, Did you know that Divorce is at an all-time high?
    This generation is made up of Money this, Money that, and it is really tearing us apart.

CD

4. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    I got a Trophy Wife and I am ridding on no Rims and I am sitting on $1.80.

I think all men pick and choose what they want. If you have money and want a "Trophy Wife" and that floats your boat feel free. I think alot of those men pick those women, because of this reason:

Women that are about money are the most realist you will meet.

A woman about money tells you three things.

1. If you got it I love you.

2. If you lose and can get it back I am here for you

3. If you lose it all and can never recover, I am gone.

Most of the women who claim to be down with whatever, usually abandoned ship quickly.

Just my take on it.

5. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    A trophy type is a sheet of glass , u can see right through her
    i go deep inside if she ready to shop and spend and not take time
    to care then she not real just making u a walking bank
    give me a woman that have a mind and personality sweeter and beautiful
    inside and she will be the wife over any cute face and hot butt

6. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    Brother Cedric, how can a Sister truly be offended by your statement. It is your observation of what you see happening. Not to make an excuse for the Sisters, but part of the reason its like this these days is because, for the last 45years many Sisters have been left to maintain their households soley. Although the rate for both parents in a household was significantly high back then, there were still alot of single women about.

Women became frustrated with men when they didn't contribute to the house income. Not all married couples was sharing the responsibilities equally. While many men took their money to the number man, local bar, and or loose women, there was a women home putting in all her resources. So hence, you have the statement, "If I want to have a man, first he needs to have money, then he needs to take care of me!" and or, he got to have a j-o-b if he wants to be with me. LOL no pun intended.

Any sane father, would not want his daughter in a relationship where she has to cover everything alone, while the man is doing whatever. They want their daughter with a man who can and will provide for her.

What I've notice about our people is, we know how to take the substance out of a well developed plan and replace it with something superficial, be it man or women. Once the damage is done, we then play the blame game out of guilt for our actions. Not many are willing to take responsibility for their actions.

Now we have the Brother with the trophy wife, instead of the man, who supports his family the best he can. See how the substance have left a well intended plan.

For those who don't know what the plan really was, it was for a women to obtain a man, who was going to do his equal part. The guilt falls on both, but no one wants to own it!

7. Radical Faith

Radical Faith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137
    The mantlepiece

I believe one must understand the reason for marriage in order to make a lasting commitment. If one marries for money, sex or any of the other reasons besides love then they are sewing seeds of failure. Also it is important to know your role in the marriage. There is nothing wrong with a women wanting to be a homemaker and having a man take care of her. That is the role of a man, to be the provider for the family. For the man's provision the women provides the man with love and compassion. This giving and sharing of wants and needs between a man and woman strengthen their bonds. Trophy marriages lead to bitter divorces. Trophy marriages occur when we want what is good To us instead of what is good FOR us.

Peace

Radical Faith

8. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    I might be wrong in this accessment but to me: Trophy Wife=unfaithful spouse! The nature of marriage requires a deeper connection & commitment than the Trophy Wife. Any man who marries a woman because he views her to be a trophy is truly a fool. Success and failure is a part of life. People gain fortunes and lose them with regularity! If a woman's only interest in you is money, then she will not remain for the "rough" times which the majority of people go through. As I previously stated a wise man will choose loyalty & faithfulness over beauty anyday!

9. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    Because I am a true Child of God, and he would allow me to serve him in the right way, but then turn around and start insulting people. I have never in my life been a person who insulted people and teased them. Not to mention, I am the TOTAL opposite of a chauvinist. I was raised around the authority of women, and even though I am pretty on my own now, I still uphold the utmost respect for them. I cannot change the way women are or how they feel. If there was one thing that I would like to change out of my sistahs, that would be to get the American out of them. Our female ancestors were Queens, artists, princesses, you name it. Now, they will only take interest in anything that has to do with money; they value money. What I have noticed is: Many brothas rob, steal, and kill simply so they can get money, because they want a woman. The women that they want to be with will only take them if they become ATM Machines. When my sistahs can take after the REAL sistahs that got things off to a good start, I will be proud. They spend more time trying to look good and smell good than they do trying to finish off what the Susan B. Anthony's and such started.

The way I see it, women were fighting for their rights, and then chauvinistic males who got sick of it just gave them Lipstick and a mirror and said, "Woman, shut up and just look good." - Or they said, "If you want your rights, all you have to do is look pretty." Every Black woman that I know of was BORN BEAUTIFUL. You don't need lipstick, jewelry, and all that stuff to look good. Our founding sistahs didn't need it, so you should not need it. Just because Hollywood believes in glitz and glamour does not mean our sistahs have to believe in it. Truthfully, I just think chasing money to look good is a waste of money, and a waste of time. When are we going to get sistahs who can Stand up for what they believe in? And not believe all the lies that chauvinistic men lay on them? These are the same women who say they like to drive cars, but then they go to the dealerships and the men tell them they aren't good enough for a certain car they want, so the female believes the male, and goes for what car he chooses. Or, He will tell her she cannot drive, and she will find a man that will buy the car for her. My Sistahs, Stand Up For What YOU Believe In!

CD

10. bigtown

bigtown Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    That's pitiful bro. Women like that can keep walkin, please keep walkin!
    However, a man that wants a woman like that deserves her. why not just get a high class prostitute. At least after you're done, you can pay her and she'll get lost until you need her again.

That's my "BIG" opinion.