Ghana : "Trokosi" Ghana's Slaves to the Gods: Ritual Servitude & Sexual Abuse

Just another example of the breakdown in cultural institutions that maintained balance between opposing forces (feminine/masciline) leading to new forms of old traditions.
If you go do the research, you would find that what is described here is not how "trokosi" is supposed to be, or how it used to be. One of the oldest tricks in the book is to present ahistorical "snapshots" of things.

alaafia

Brother Awo Dino,

You are right; that is one of the oldest tricks but nonetheless, you cannot deny that what is going on is inhumane.

To be honest, I see this as merely another legacy of a patriarch led religion, which in itself is unnatural because Africa which was always ruled by matriarchs, however if you are telling me that this is a bastardised version of the real practice then I am all ears. Where can I read more about this please?

Many thanks, A

Brother Awo Dino,

You are right; that is one of the oldest tricks but nonetheless, you cannot deny that what is going on is inhumane.

To be honest, I see this as merely another legacy of a patriarch led religion, which in itself is unnatural because Africa which was always ruled by matriarchs, however if you are telling me that this is a bastardised version of the real practice then I am all ears. Where can I read more about this please?

Many thanks, A

Very inhumane. Just go to the library - a university one - and ask the librarian. She will help you find info. mostly anthropological. I'd rather find me an old Shaman or something and ask her/him, but that's not practical if you're not in the area.

The world is a mess. My first wife was diagnosed with Lupus, but before she was diagnosed, she was fired from her job, lost her insurance coverage and was literally left to die. Is that humane?

The world is a mess. Birth, death, transformation, rebirth. Holds true for amoeba's humans, planets and universes. Unified Field Theory. Humans are capable of great acts of beauty. Humans are capable of great acts of horror. Balance is the trick, as our ancestors knew and spent a lot of energy trying to maintain. Modern man is ignorant.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back