Black People : Trayvon Martin - LATEST UPDATE THREAD -Please Take A Moment And Sign Petition For Slain Florida Teen

"Dude" That's incredibly rich coming from you.

I was just trying to spark some debate on what many (even some black people) call a double standard. In-fact, some black people(off topic) even jumped to Paula deems defence.

Clearly it is an issue that isn't up for discussion because the view amongst those here is that black people cant be racist and even if they use racial or offensive insults to describe groups of people, it shouldnt be classed as racism because they have no power. It would have been good to hear how those who advocate this view would have responded to the defences questions and how they would have defended and explained themselves had they been on the stand. All I've done is ask questions I haven't said what I agree or disagree with yet folks are on the defensive!

Ill leave it at that and allow the topic to be on updates relevant to the case. Jamie fox etc
you may well have a valid question. why not make your own thread?
i get the feeling that we do a lot of arguing around here that can be avoided.
just get your own thread and deal with the issue.

you may well have a valid question. why not make your own thread?
i get the feeling that we do a lot of arguing around here that can be avoided.
just get your own thread and deal with the issue.

My questions were relevant to the topic. I'm not going to dwell on it, i'll leave it at that. Saying black people can't be racist isn't going to wash well in real life.

"Dude" That's incredibly rich coming from you.

I was just trying to spark some debate on what many (even some black people) call a double standard. In-fact, some black people(off topic) even jumped to Paula deems defence.

Clearly it is an issue that isn't up for discussion because the view amongst those here is that black people cant be racist and even if they use racial or offensive insults to describe groups of people, it shouldnt be classed as racism because they have no power. It would have been good to hear how those who advocate this view would have responded to the defences questions and how they would have defended and explained themselves had they been on the stand. All I've done is ask questions I haven't said what I agree or disagree with yet folks are on the defensive!

Ill leave it at that and allow the topic to be on updates relevant to the case. Jamie fox etc

What isn't up for discussion is ignorance. Trayvon could call Zimmerman and any other white person anything he wants and it wouldn't be racism. Yeah, and the reason is that as black people, we have NO power to do ANYTHING to HARM (using that power to "oppress"?) a random white person, i.e., we can't get one fired, we can't get one banned from an all-black club or organization, we can't fire one from, or demote one on a job because as a race, we don't have the POWER to enforce such adverse actions. White people do, ergo, ONLY white people can be racists.

Now prejudice? Bias? Sure. I can be prejudiced against a white person all day long, based SOLELY on his race, and nothing "harmful" will happen to that white person, just "I don't like him." (Big deal!) I can be biased against a white person, based SOLELY on his race, and absolutely nothing will happen to him. My being black will carry little to NO weight with either a white OR black employer if I ask them to fire a white person.... SOLELY because he's white. Now flip that script and tell me that MOST DEFINITELY, nothing "harmful" will happen to a black person under those circumstances if I were white, talking to other whites. But then that would take us out of the realm of "prejudice" and "bias," wouldn't it, and send us FULL-BLOWN into Racism, i.e., using the power of one's race to OPPRESS one of another race.

Trust, no one is "on the defensive." Just trying to pull your coattails to reality. But then, you've already admitted that the Most Powerful Man in the World can't do anything for his black brothers because "white people will get mad at him....." White PEOPLE. Who has the power?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back