Black People : Trayvon Martin case: How Rachel Jeantel went from star witness to 'train wreck'

I agree,...I mean, she isn't ebonically smart,..... With lots of courage, she went up on the stand like a pro.

And you know what, them prosecutors knew she wasn't coached right. The defense team should've, at least, coached her just a little bit more, knowing that she is young and still traumatised by this..

To make sure: MsVeraisblessed
Everybody should just leave her alone. i saw how black folks and whites too, have been criticising her on twitter, tumblr, facebook, and instagram.

People don't understand that it's not easy going on the stand as a witness with thousands of eyes looking at you. Its scary.

Well, hello stranger, how you MsVeraisblessed? Good to see you back and posting spot on, we touch and agree on this one.

Peace In my sister friend,

Luv ya sista for posting this.

This body of text taken from your link really needs to be read and taken to heart.

Reaction to Rachel Jeantel on the stand “has been in terms of aesthetics, of disregarding a witness on the basis of how she talks, how good she is at reading and writing,” says George Ciccariello-Maher, a history and politics professor at Drexel University, in Philadelphia. “These are subtle things that echo literacy testing at the polls, echo the question of whether black Americans can testify against white people, of being always suspect in their testimony. It’s the same old dynamics emerging in a very different guise.”

To be sure, in the scathing commentary about what some called her puzzling demeanor and alleged lack of education was lost her singular background and her youth: A black and Creole girl growing up in a segregated Miami community, she represented part of the problem of the case – an America so divided, that many can’t “code-switch,” or move between the gauzy racial, cultural, and socioeconomic divides that have become hardened with the nation’s first black president, and which have helped fuel political polarization.

People that shun education, follow lil weezy, etc. will be judged this same way. And if you can't articulate yourself, the courts aren't going to listen to you. It says it right here in the article. Just look how they allow Charles Ramsey to look and speak on national Tv. Here is an example.

I only point this out because when I saw it, it made me think back. I have never seen them allow whites to appear on national tv like that. When Zimmerman was on Hannity, he was helped, and coached on how to speak and talk. You can see this when he made the mistake of saying that is was god's plan. After the commercial break, Hannity went over it again, and Zimmerman changed his answer up.

Peace!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back