Africa : Travel to Africa

Just got back from there for the 4th time. My husband is from Senegal. It is beautiful and challenging in Afraka. Senegal is very peaceful. I brought 31 Afrakans from the diaspora there last month., 11 students and 20 adults. We had an interesting educational experience.

My husband guided us throughout Senegal. We went to Goree, Touba, and my husband gave a wonderful concert using traditional afrakan instruments. Plus my son and nephew rapped with the famous rappers in Senegal. We shopped, had our own personal bus to take us wherever we went. We had a big celebration on Goree, honoring the ancestors. We walked to top of the island and danced, sang, and talked about Afrakans all over the world and how they must unite. We had an Wolof interpreter to speak to the people.

While and Touba, we visited a great city, built in honor of Amadou Bamba, a famous Black man who resisted the french. It has a magnifcent mosque. No drinking, smoking, unmarried sex is allowed in the city. It is beautiful, poor and peaceful. No white people in sight. Wonder why?!

It was quite an amazing time. We Stayed by the beach and had breakfast everyday by the Atlantic Ocean. Senegal is an Afrakan Muslim Country. So you hear prayer calls all day and people pray in the street. They greet you with Salaam Alaikum, Nanga def (how are you) , wherever you go. Mangi Santiyallah, I am fine thanks to God, is usually the response.

They are very warm and hospitable. When you walk in their homes you are expected to eat with the family.

We left Boston in a coach bus, arrived at JFK airport. Jumped on South African Airlines and arrived in Senegal 6 hours later on the plane. Yes, a 6 hour ride to Senegal. This week long trip was $1550.

I will do it again in December. The price will be more because of the season. If anyone is interested in going. Please email me at mfirmin213@aol.com. Also feel free to call me at 617-959-0795.

Delta is offering trips to Senegal starting December of this year from Atlanta. So now you don't have to go as far as New York to get to Senegal. You can meet me there.

When we go in December it will be a 2 week stay and will cost at least $2000 to $2300 dollars. We will go to Gambia and St. Louis, in Senegal. For those who can stay for 3 weeks we also will be going to South Africa. I will keep you abreast. Come on folks. Let's go home and see what we are missing.

Afraka needs us and we need Afraka. It makes staying in amerikkka bearable. KNowing we have a place to call home if we want to.

pdiane said:
Senegal is very peaceful. I brought 31 Afrakans from the diaspora there last month., 11 students and 20 adults. We had an interesting educational experience.

My husband guided us throughout Senegal. We went to Goree, Touba, and my husband gave a wonderful concert using traditional afrakan instruments.

It was quite an amazing time. We Stayed by the beach and had breakfast everyday by the Atlantic Ocean. Senegal is an Afrakan Muslim Country. So you hear prayer calls all day and people pray in the street. They greet you with Salaam Alaikum, Nanga def (how are you) , wherever you go. Mangi Santiyallah, I am fine thanks to God, is usually the response.

They are very warm and hospitable. When you walk in their homes you are expected to eat with the family.

Afraka needs us and we need Afraka. It makes staying in amerikkka bearable. KNowing we have a place to call home if we want to.

Pdiane, sounds like a pleasant adventure. I just want to know Senegal to me is known for its fisherman and their catch. Has there been any crackdown on 'overfishing from local fishmen' while EU boats catch all the fish they want and have their been issues with beach loss or erosion and/or sand mining.

Thanks.

dustyelbow said:
Pdiane, sounds like a pleasant adventure. I just want to know Senegal to me is known for its fisherman and their catch. Has there been any crackdown on 'overfishing from local fishmen' while EU boats catch all the fish they want and have their been issues with beach loss or erosion and/or sand mining.

Thanks.
Yes, the President Wade, actually told the French that had to limit their fishing. The French got an attitude and he said too bad. Right now, I have not heard of this crackdown on the locals. I will ask my husband.

I am sure however beach erosion and sand mining is an issue. There is no monitoring on either that I know of. This why we need people like you to bring these issues to the table. MOst Afrakans are generally trying to survive poverty due to colonialism still, quite often they don't have a clue of what is going on around them. We Afrakans from the diaspora can play a major role in this if we would call AFraka our home and visit and live there as often as we can.

Think about it. It is our home!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back