Black People Politics : Trans-Pacific Partnership: What do you think?

Whether or not it could be imposed upon Mexico is one question, the other is should the idea of building walls and borders similar to ones in Israel?

I'll let the experts determine whether the U.S. can impose upon Mexico to pay for a dividing wall but should the idea of a wall or physical barrier between our border should happen, I think it would change everything that the U.S. has stood for, for so long, if this ever happens.

how-tall-is-the-statue-of-liberty.jpg

New Colossus

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
(Poem by Emma Lazarus)

In a book written by John F. Kennedy in 1958 called "A Nation of Immigrants," it says . . .

Coded Language of Xenophobia and Nativism

In the Foreword, Foxman reports that while the immigration debate has included valid and sincere arguments on both sides of the issue, it has also been framed at times by vitriolic anti-immigrant – and particularly anti-Latino – rhetoric and propaganda, not only from extremist groups like the Ku Klux Klan but also anti-immigrant groups that have positioned themselves as legitimate, mainstream advocates against illegal immigration. While the former do not hide their hatred, the latter groups use coded language to provide the veneer of respectability yet aim to demonize immigrants: “However, under the guise of warning people about the impact of illegal immigration, these anti-immigrant groups often invoke the same dehumanizing racist stereotypes as hate groups” (page xiv). Kennedy also notes the use of such coded words in the late 1800s to exclude and demean, such as the specific use of the word “American” to exclude Chinese immigrants, and “foreigners” and “savage hordes” to instill fear of immigrants “taking over” the country. Research what these coded words and phrases are, and how anti-immigrant advocacy groups, the media and politicians in the 19th, 20th and 21st century use them to exclude, demoralize and make immigrants (whether legal or illegal), and those who are perceived as immigrants, seem sub-human. To what extent, if any, has this language changed throughout the centuries? None because Trump is still using this coded language to incite hatred and militancy toward Mexicans that is spilling over to BLM and Muslims.

Addendum to “Give me your tired…” (Now, these are President Kennedy's thinking over 50 years ago and I find them applicable still today:
In contrast to the ideals set forth in Emma Lazarus’ words on the Statue of Liberty, Kennedy paints a different picture of the U.S. by adding to her quote, “as long as they come from Northern Europe, are not too tired or too poor or slightly ill, never stole a loaf of bread, never joined any questionable organization, and can document their activities for the past two years”.

the rich are addicted to money like addicts to crack.
their inability to share is going to destroy the entire system.
it is ironic that those who are afforded to best education cannot see what they are doing.
They most definitely see and understand what they are doing brother James, it's just that they don't give a crap..It's the voracious avaricious trait that dominates their psyche and agendas...They are all in bed together and they d--m sure aren't laying on clean sheets...

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back