Black Relationships : Traditional black marriage in trouble?

programming to self destruct

dustyelbow said:
ummmmm..might it have something to do with this:

"The Rev. Greg Tyus and his wife, Linda, grew up watching family-oriented television shows such as "The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet" and "Leave it to Beaver" — programs that left an impression on them as young people about the structure of a family."??

How would we know what a traditional marriage is? Are we speaking of the one where we imitated white peoples structure or the one where we imitated an African structure?? Yes, the problem is evident in just what I said...so I guess for those who chose the structure of white people as being traditional, then we are in trouble....lol In fact, it just may be this great imitation that also lies behind the Black male/female relationship issues we are going through as quiet as it is kept.

Keita said:
How would we know what a traditional marriage is? Are we speaking of the one where we imitated white peoples structure or the one where we imitated an African structure?? Yes, the problem is evident in just what I said...so I guess for those who chose the structure of white people as being traditional, then we are in trouble....lol In fact, it just may be this great imitation that also lies behind the Black male/female relationship issues we are going through as quiet as it is kept.

Right spot on, Brother Keita... That is why I asked the question, because I was not familiar with this traditional Afrian American marriage/wedding thing the article suggested.

Like the whole thing touched off by ROOTS the television series in the 1970's to present, where we Jumpin' De Broom, and whatnot - WHAAAAT?! You gots to be kidding! Wow, even with my subpar education I knew that garbage had zero to do with traditional African customs - but some of didn't, it appears.

Ozzie and Harriet, indeed, TrueToTheCause:tongue:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back