Black Spirituality Religion : traditional African spiritual baths part 2

Language is key to Overstanding any Afrikan culture and spiritual system. There is no way i could even think about being a better Awo without overstanding the language. At least the fundamentals.

I commend you on your in depth studies of the language. Any Baba/AWO should know the language. I agree. My teacher knows it. I am not however, apart of the spiritual tradition of Ifa or Yoruba. I AM or have been called into ORISHA but have not taken that step FULLY. Don't know if I will haven't made up my mind.

I have picked up some form of the language and the Bakinda rightfully so as a B. Priestess. Maybe if you haven't already, share some of what it is you learn on Destee?

Ase brotha

I commend you on your in depth studies of the language. Any Baba/AWO should know the language. I agree. My teacher knows it. I am not however, apart of the spiritual tradition of Ifa or Yoruba. I AM or have been called into ORISHA but have not taken that step FULLY. Don't know if I will haven't made up my mind.

I have picked up some form of the language and the Bakinda rightfully so as a B. Priestess. Maybe if you haven't already, share some of what it is you learn on Destee?

Ase brotha
Question if I may. Is Bakinda closer to Yoruba/Ifa or Kongo/Kikongo?

Ase brotha

Ekaaro

Most Olorisha and Awos in the diaspora do not know Yoruba because they're religious. They tend to focus on rituals and oriki without overstanding the actual role of Isese.

Going to Nigeria for initiations having no knowledge and information about the people town or city they're being initiated in.

To be perfectly honest with we don't need to go to Afrika for initiations or Chieftancy titles. All of this can and needs to be done right here.

Ekaaro

Most Olorisha and Awos in the diaspora do not know Yoruba because they're religious. They tend to focus on rituals and oriki without overstanding the actual role of Isese.

Going to Nigeria for initiations having no knowledge and information about the people town or city they're being initiated in.

To be perfectly honest with we don't need to go to Afrika for initiations or Chieftancy titles. All of this can and needs to be done right here.

Good information! I agree.

If one is going to dig as deep as you are and have then I say "dig deeper" and be exemplar. We need more energy like this for authenticity.

Ase'

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back