toxins-in-disposable diapers dioxin and sodium polyacrylate.html

Discussion in 'Black Health and Wellness' started by Amnat77, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Amnat77

Amnat77 Well-Known Member MEMBER

professional.
    Ratings:
    +2,622
    Written by Thomas Corriher
    Thursday, 26 August 2010 08:47

Most parents have heard about the dangers of BPA in infant bottles, and as such, stores usually sell BPA-free options. However, there are other dangers that parents do not yet know about.

Disposable diapers pose a health risk to children. We have previously reported on sanitary pads and tampons causing endometriosis through dioxin exposure. Dioxins are a byproduct of chlorine, which is used during the bleaching process. Dioxins accumulate in the body throughout the lifetime of the victim, which makes this particularly important. Dioxin exposure as a child will impede the immune system of the individual forever. They will never be as strong as they could have been. Dioxins are responsible for a range of reproductive and developmental problems, damaging the immune system, along with causing major hormonal imbalances and cancer. Many infants are now exposed to dioxins 24 hours a day, and yet society wonders why girls are beginning puberty younger than ever, and hormonal disorders are becoming increasingly common in children.

http://healthwyze.org/index.php/com...e-diapers-dioxin-and-sodium-polyacrylate.html

2. Amnat77

professional.
    Ratings:
    +2,622
    Back to using cloth nappies then...

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    I always felt that cloth diapers was better then the disposables ones
    I guess today's america and motherhood / parents just don't believe in
    washing them out !
    They look for the quick and easy way to do things in life today, maybe this will
    wake some of them up if not all , surely i will pass this along to all i know who is
    still using parent choice/ huggies /pampers and so forth ...........Thankz

4. Blaklioness

Blaklioness Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,812
    What information do you have on how African women potty train their babies? I've heard/read that this can be done at a very early age--earlier than we are traditionally taught in this society.

5. Amnat77

professional.
    Ratings:
    +2,622
    Good question, i'll ask my cousins and get back to you. I do remember when we were kids my grandmother waking us up( the younger children) at-least twice in the middle of the night, putting us on the potty, and we were expected to pass urine.

6. StefiA

StefiA Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +215
    "I always felt that cloth diapers was better then the disposables ones"

But... what chemicals are in the washing detergent that you use to clean them?

7. Blaklioness

Blaklioness Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,812
    Please ask them about babies as well---I seem to recall that those some months old could be trained in a certain way.

8. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    Three green laundry detergents but there are six i know about

Biokleen Free & Clear Laundry Liquid
    64 fl. oz./1 oz. per load/64 loads/3X concentrated
    $9.99
    Fragrance free; clear of dyes and brighteners; environmentally friendly with no negative effects, kind to those with chemical sensitivities and allergies; no artificial fragrance, colors, or preservatives; rapidly biodegrades and ozone safe; no animal testing and no animal ingredients; contains no phosphate, chlorine, ammonia, petroleum solvents, alcohol, butyl, glycol ether, no hazardous chemicals
    Ingredients: Surfactants and conditioners from coconut and/or corn, grapefruit seed and pulp extract, linear sulfonate, filtered water.
    smells: Soapy, like a bottle of bubbles, but not overpowering.

Earth Friendly Products Ultra ECOS Free and Clear All Natural Laundry Detergent
    100 fl. oz./1 oz. per load/100 loads in HE machines, 50 in non-HE machines
    $12.99
    Phosphate-, formaldehyde-, and petrochemical-free; kind to sensitive skin; neutral pH; plant-based, non-polluting ingredients; septic safe and gray-water safe; 100 percent biodegradable; sodium lauryl sulfate-free and free of non-ionic surfactants derived from SLS; not tested on animals and no animal ingredients.
    Ingredients: 100 percent natural anionic coconut kernel oil-based surfactant, soap bark, chamomile, horsetail plant, and purified water.
    smells: Slight vinegary scent.

Method Free + Clear Laundry Detergent
    32 fl. oz./1 oz. per load/32 loads/3X concentrated
    $9.99
    Eco-claims: Contains no perfumes or dyes; phosphate-free; biodegradable; never tested on animals.
    Ingredients: Anionic and non-ionic surfactants, enzymes, buffering agents, stabilizer, stain penetrant, brightener, and foam control agents.
    Actual smell: Like baby powder and rubber, or the inside of a latex balloon.

They compose no danger and or Toxic chemicals maybe this a start to what to use !