Haiti : TOUSSAINT L’OVERTURE (1743-1803) BLACK REVOLUTIONARY — Liberator of Haiti

I have read other accounts of Toussaints surender and life story. He was told by his own generals to send REPRESENTATIVES to discuss the treaty. He was hard headed and wanted to face the French and discuss the terms face to face at the table of negotiotion. Only an ignorant person wants to face an enemy face to face at this level of politics. This is why SECRETATIES, AMBASSADORS, NEGOTIATORS are used in discussing the terms of political agreements instead of the PRESIDENT personally who got the victory over an enemy in war. Retalliation is always possible if you make an appearance before terms are settled. As I said earlier, he wanted to personally negotiate with the white. He also wanted them to accept him as their equal. He also wanted to be restored as a member of the White Catholic Church. This is the same mind set of many blacks today,and you know this is true and factual. Why do you think so many of us want to marry mssah,and his children, or want to move next door, or bleach our skin or our hair blond to try to look like the one who has done us the most harm. This a mental issue regardless of what you think or say. As for as I know you could have some of the same issues as he had. By the way, this article is not the only information about the beliefs, life, conflicting ideas,mindset and ego of Toussaint L'Overture. Peace

Please show & prove these alligations on our ancestor because you are making a lot of harsh charges without any proof. All you seem to want to do in this thread is talk ugly about him and discredit his efforts. We all have our opinions, but you seem to be going out of your way for this brother.

Can you post a link, or direct me to the reading material you mentioned where you found all of this *new info* on the brother?

Because of his mental conditioning, he never realized that what he held on to about whites forced him to remain a slave until his voluntary surrender to his white masters. He died seeking the approval of whites
- :gossip:

I have read other accounts of Toussaints surender and life story. He was told by his own generals to send REPRESENTATIVES to discuss the treaty. He was hard headed and wanted to face the French and discuss the terms face to face at the table of negotiotion. Only an ignorant person wants to face an enemy face to face at this level of politics. This is why SECRETATIES, AMBASSADORS, NEGOTIATORS are used in discussing the terms of political agreements instead of the PRESIDENT personally who got the victory over an enemy in war. Retalliation is always possible if you make an appearance before terms are settled. As I said earlier, he wanted to personally negotiate with the white. He also wanted them to accept him as their equal. He also wanted to be restored as a member of the White Catholic Church. This is the same mind set of many blacks today,and you know this is true and factual. Why do you think so many of us want to marry mssah,and his children, or want to move next door, or bleach our skin or our hair blond to try to look like the one who has done us the most harm. This a mental issue regardless of what you think or say. As for as I know you could have some of the same issues as he had. By the way, this article is not the only information about the beliefs, life, conflicting ideas,mindset and ego of Toussaint L'Overture. Peace

Brotha Seksen you have touched on various issues above and I'm a little confused as to what you are trying to say. There are many accounts of Toussaint L'Overture - as with anything, it is all dependant upon what source material you read. And you seem to know what he wanted. I would say that to understand the man you must also understand the culture he was born into. Eye already know we will not see eye to eye on this matter, and its all good because you will have your view and eye will have mine. Eye will not be drawn into debate with you over a great Ancestor's mental health. Neither you were or eye were there, nor did we interact with him and its a futile exercise imo. But what eye do know is that he attended that 'meeting' with those Generals with the full knowledge that he had left behind an effective command structure! :jumping: and one that did not falter in its purpose.

As to 'men' and ego's ... imma leave that one right there!.:10200:

Peace

I admire his military genius, determination to win and his stamina on the battlefield. I also know that a wise person has to be more than a good fighter to stay ahead of their enemies. As a people we need to develop this same balance in all of our aspirations. This is needed because our enemies keep changing their stratagies on us. They keep one or two steps ahead of us because we in general are reactionary rather than projectionary in our outlook on possible future events. To the other person who wants me to give them sources, you will have to research and force your mind to lookup various souces for yourself. I will not "give you" or "spoon feed you", what you refuse to do to gain knowledge for yourself. No one or two opinions are the tell all or be all on any subject. My advice to all is read, research, and look into more than one, two, or three sources to gain a balance of information on any subject. In other words, FORCE YOUR MIND TO GROW AND ADRESS MORE THAN NARROW VIEWS ON ANY SUBJECT. Peace

I admire his military genius, determination to win and his stamina on the battlefield. I also know that a wise person has to be more than a good fighter to stay ahead of their enemies. As a people we need to develop this same balance in all of our aspirations. This is needed because our enemies keep changing their stratagies on us. They keep one or two steps ahead of us because we in general are reactionary rather than projectionary in our outlook on possible future events. To the other person who wants me to give them sources, you will have to research and force your mind to lookup various souces for yourself. I will not "give you" or "spoon feed you", what you refuse to do to gain knowledge for yourself. No one or two opinions are the tell all or be all on any subject. My advice to all is read, research, and look into more than one, two, or three sources to gain a balance of information on any subject. In other words, FORCE YOUR MIND TO GROW AND ADRESS MORE THAN NARROW VIEWS ON ANY SUBJECT. Peace

LOL @
'to the other person who wants me to give them sources & Narrow Views'
- you haven't even heard my view! Nor did i ask you to research anything for me...I simply asked for the source (s) you say you were quoting because i have never heard anyone (IN ALL OF MY RESEARCH) talk so ugly about the brother as you previously did. It kind of reminded me of those white so called scholars who try to discredit the brother. You do realize this is the Haiti forum where we are here to big up our hatian family and their efforts, no?

It appears you've only changed your tune after being asked to provide PROOF of your very questionable accusations. :eeek:

Which means, just like those so called white scholars, that you're making up ish!!

I mean you've been here for a while and you've seen some of these types of threads and you want me/us to believe that you don't think the posters here know about Touissant L'ouveture or ever heard of him??
My advice to all is read, research, and look into more than one, two, or three sources to gain a balance of information on any subject. In other words, FORCE YOUR MIND TO GROW AND ADRESS MORE THAN NARROW VIEWS ON ANY SUBJECT.
- brilliant suggestion, but the only problem is that it doesn't seem like you've followed your own advice. :confused:

& just so there's no hard feelings, a gift.....

i_make_stuff_up_tshirt.jpg

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back