Haiti : TOUSSAINT L’OVERTURE (1743-1803) BLACK REVOLUTIONARY — Liberator of Haiti

Not only are you sketchy in your study but you are color blind also. You only comment on what whites said. There evidently were no blacks giving views and information to the events that happened that lined up with what the whites were saying. That is OK with me if you only saw what you wanted to see I understand. Most of us go through life that same way. That is why many of us in this hemisphere think that some loving white man in the sky will save us.....just like Louvreture. I will end my comments at this time , to each his own... dam# the hisorical record and facts. Peace

the black people in the video said nothing really negative about the brother, so there was no need for me to mention that. the one older haitian brother standing in front of the books really summed it all up when he said under those conditions of war he had to do what he had to do. did u miss that part because u were only focused on your white friends?

btw, u cautioned us in the beginning that the sound was sketchy. i wonder why because i found it quite clear. i speak some french and the bnarrator speaking so highly of napolean was a white woman, no doubt she tried her best to over-pronunciate to sound back. is that the 'sketchyness' u were referring too?

and here again you claim this majorily white video as truth, or historical fact. smh

by trying to subliminally attack touissant, u are showing your love for those u claim u hate. even accussing me of waiting for some white man in the sky to save us will get u laughed at here without a doubt.

Not only are you sketchy in your study but you are color blind also. You only comment on what whites said. There evidently were no blacks giving views and information to the events that happened that lined up with what the whites were saying. That is OK with me if you only saw what you wanted to see I understand. Most of us go through life that same way. That is why many of us in this hemisphere think that some loving white man in the sky will save us.....just like Louvreture. I will end my comments at this time , to each his own... dam# the hisorical record and facts. Peace

Brother I originally Liked your first 2 posts, ESPECIALLY #5 but after going through this dialogue and that blimp I quoted where you kind of spoke your mind ( but it seems like you lost your cool ) I have to on principle disagree with you and here's why...

YOU ARE DEAD A** right that too Many of our people have a "White" Dependency that is leading us down the Hershey Highway and I support post #5 where you made the obvious observation that Toussaint should not have trusted his oppressor...

BUT REALLY DUDE???

Them Boys on the "White Team" run around talking about Alexander the Grape, George Washington, Napoleon, Hitler, Reagan and so forth...

Them Boys on the "Black Team" run around talking about Hannibal, Nat Turner, Malcom X, Hewy P Newton, Marcus Garvey and TOUSSAINT.. etc.. etc ( We got Millions of years of History so I can't name everybody but TOUSSAINT is definitely top 10 status within the past 1,000 Years *UN DISPUTED* )

As far as him backing up the "White Church"... Did you know that Over 80% of Haiti is Catholic??? And did you know that about 90% Practices Vodoo?? Have you ever walked into a Botanica or attended a Mesa and witness the "Whiteness" of their Tradition???

A) They worship Black Divinity it is just through out our struggle they had to Hide Our Ancestral Heritage through "Synchretism" with the Catholic Church. ( Who really is just Nut Pulling and Hiding Kemetian Principle ) Therefore all those "Catholic Vodoo Practicing Hatians" are just following their Ancestral Beliefs which have been modified due to how much Knowledge was lost under oppression. ( But the Ancestral Link is actually Stronger than Anything else you will find in the Americas out side of a DIRECT link to Africa )

B) They and He (Toussaint), Used their BLACK Ancestral Science ( Voodoo ) to defeat French, Brits and Spaniards... *Why would he give up something that helped him do all of the above?? And it is said that "Ezili Danto" helped fight with the Haitians IN BATTLE... ( Do research on Ezili Danto and on how this Lwa Aided and Assisted our brethren before you SPEAK about what Church he followed )

C) This BLACK MAN obviously was in tune with TRUE righteousness if he wanted PEACE before anything.. He died for PEACE... But let me ask you this?... How many did he take out before they were FORCED to deceit ( NOT DEFEAT ) him??? You do know that they used them slave masters skin ( Literally ) to write down their constitution.. A piece of artwork that they still have on display in Haiti???? ( Maybe thats why the West wont forget 1803???? ) * I doubt that that was a very friendly message that He / they were trying to send to the Europeans *...

Long story short... Real Africans REVERE their Ancestors and Salute their Spirit regardless of their HUMAN short comings.. Show some respect brethren, especially if you are going to Cite the very same people that killed him as an argument against him....

*No disrespects* But there's better ways of expressing that blacks should not be dependents of Whites than Downing a Hero and a true to life Savior that Saved a WHOLE COUNTRY with the price of His Life...

So I ask... What team are you on???

Peace.. Peace...

Are you deft or blind? I have given praises to Toussaint. I am however not so blind as you appeare to be that he had no faults because of his White Masters Teachings.He was of the mind set that he was a ruler over the other blacks. This is in part why he did not listen to his generals wise advice. He knew what he was doing regardless of cooler heads that suggested caution when dealing with whites' . This is and was a critical mistake. What you think is your openion and I will let what I said earlier stand for itself. I gave him praise and respect for what he tried to do. I also pointed out some of his faults. If you like it or do not like his faults being pointed out is your business and deal with it. Life is a balance of good and bad and we all (including YOU) have these same tendencies. Now. LIVE WITH IT!! You also have the option as it seems to over look faults that WE have. If WE keep over looking them WE will stay in our bottom position until WE become more honest with ourselves and make changes. History is written so those in the future can LEARN FROM THE MISTAKES OF THOSE IN THE PAST AND NOT REPEAT THEM. If you wish to not learn by using a critical eye on the past , then continue making the same mistakes. That is your choice also. I will leave you with this, If the brother had listened to his generals who offered wisdom and balance to his desire to face the whites, HE WOULD NOT HAVE DIED IN A COLD FRENCH PRISON IN THE MOUNTAINS OF FRANCE. Peace

Are you deft or blind? I have given praises to Toussaint. I am however not so blind as you appeare to be that he had no faults because of his White Masters Teachings.He was of the mind set that he was a ruler over the other blacks. This is in part why he did not listen to his generals wise advice. He knew what he was doing regardless of cooler heads that suggested caution when dealing with whites' . This is and was a critical mistake. What you think is your openion and I will let what I said earlier stand for itself. I gave him praise and respect for what he tried to do. I also pointed out some of his faults. If you like it or do not like his faults being pointed out is your business and deal with it. Life is a balance of good and bad and we all (including YOU) have these same tendencies. Now. LIVE WITH IT!! You also have the option as it seems to over look faults that WE have. If WE keep over looking them WE will stay in our bottom position until WE become more honest with ourselves and make changes. History is written so those in the future can LEARN FROM THE MISTAKES OF THOSE IN THE PAST AND NOT REPEAT THEM. If you wish to not learn by using a critical eye on the past , then continue making the same mistakes. That is your choice also. I will leave you with this, If the brother had listened to his generals who offered wisdom and balance to his desire to face the whites, HE WOULD NOT HAVE DIED IN A COLD FRENCH PRISON IN THE MOUNTAINS OF FRANCE. Peace

True in deed we have our faults and we DO have to learn from the mistakes of those in the past and not repeat them.. And I actually gave YOU praise for some of your posts brethren...

Not that it matters to You per se... But my only issue is THE WAY you talked down on the man.. It wasn't just pointing out his "Faults".. I agree with you and even stated which Post *#5* I extremely agreed with you on..

Honestly the way You came off was/is as if you have something Against him like you are ridiculing the man... Your posts are full of how wise and smart he is as a tactician but even more full of "White Church" comments and "Foolery" and "Thats why they got him"...
I can ACCEPT and RESPECT your point of view ( without blindness ) but the fact still remains..

The man did not die in vain, he was a hero and our Culture has to ATLEAST have enough ETHIC to be respectful of those who came before us and labored and SUFFERED hard so that people who LOOK LIKE US can have a better chance at life and freedom...

Im not going to start crying or trying to Down you brethren( Your right to a certain degree but it seems like you lost your cool for the sake of argument as already stated )... But real talk??? Can we at least agree that there are better ways to express an Ancestors faults with out disrespecting his name and effort??? ( I stated in my last post that although you are correct about certain issues, there is a better way of speaking about a Dead BLACK hero... Especially when citing sources that stem from those who Murdered him... )

I just PERSONALLY have a level of respect for the man being that I have Haitian Family and Relatives and have personally learned about the man from HIS PEOPLE rather than "YouTube"...

I also PERSONALLY have a level of respect for all our Ancestors PERIOD.. Every single one of them that died in / for the struggle...

Why?? Because as I look around all I see is lip service..

Brother I originally Liked your first 2 posts, ESPECIALLY #5 but after going through this dialogue and that blimp I quoted where you kind of spoke your mind ( but it seems like you lost your cool ) I have to on principle disagree with you and here's why...

YOU ARE DEAD A** right that too Many of our people have a "White" Dependency that is leading us down the Hershey Highway and I support post #5 where you made the obvious observation that Toussaint should not have trusted his oppressor...
BUT REALLY DUDE???

One Love Family...

Peace.. Peace..

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back