Black People : "Torn"

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Westcoastbound, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Westcoastbound

Westcoastbound Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    I am 40 years old/no kids/ and lived in 1 entire city my whole life As far as I can remember I have always wanted to move out west. Well last year, I made my decision. I listed my house this year in Jan.?(fingers crossed it sells). Call it an early midlife crisis decision, but I want to do it. I have traveled extensively to the Phoenix, AZ which is where I want to move to on "biz", so it's not exactly like I dont know what Im getting in to. Just had my plumber who's doing work for me,ask why I want to leave my home after 40 yrs..... He basically said that im making a big mistake and that basically i wont make it and will be home within a year.and why would i want to go to a city where you dont know anyone- Personally speaking, I need to get out of my hometown. I have outgrowned everything here. Personally can't stand the place.... I mean why not now... Im out of debt..-minus bills and the house of course. My mom is 70' yrs old. and in picture perfect health and would fly back to see her.... I know i shouldnt let other people dictate my actions on what I want to do....but his opinion was like a "kick in the gut".-Just wish I could get a little bit more encouragement.- "CHANGE" is good right?

2. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,071

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... Do you put that much stock into what the plumber has to say about a decision you've made Westcoastbound, wow? Who is this guy, lol?

Peace In,

3. baller

baller Well-Known Member MEMBER

Canada
    Ratings:
    +836
    if you need universal approval for a personal decision you've made about your life, the plumber may be right. if it's really your life, the only opinion that matters is yours...not everyone in the world. once you make a decision about "your life," stand by your decision...unless you made it on the spur of the moment, without giving it much thought. then, you should reevaluate your decision making process. but before you pick up and leave your life of forty years, know why you're going...and that you're going because it's what you want to do. if you go with a confused mind, you will fail. oh...and make sure you have a job to go to when you get there...if you need to work.:) the job market isn't the strongest right now. going without a job might mean coming back just to survive.

BE PREPARED FOR TOMORROW.

4. Corvo

Corvo navigator of live MEMBER

United States
    Furniture maker, a sculptor, and fight instructor
    Ratings:
    +1,771
    Must be Joe the plumber.

5. dunwiddat

dunwiddat Well-Known Member MEMBER

Barbados
    Ratings: