Sister's Only Chat : Topics for Sister Chat

Discussion in 'Black Women - Mothers - Sisters - Daughters' started by NNQueen, May 10, 2006.

1. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Sisters, as those of us who were at Sister Chat last Monday will recall, we decided that we would develop a list of topics that we would like to discuss. Please add your ideas here and let's begin to have some meaningful dialogue as well as lots of fun at Sister Chat each week.

Let us know what's on your mind and we'll talk about it. Our dear Sister Queentswana will be sending out weekly reminders, but let's practice "Each One, Reach One" and help her by encouraging other sisters to come and share. But on one condition...YOU CAN'T BE SHY! :) You have to be a bold sister when you step up in there because we will discuss REAL issues in a grassroots (without breaking any chat rules) sorta way. :weights:

Remember, every Monday, 8pm in the Sisters Only chat room. Every once in a while, if there's enough interest, we may choose to have a joint Sister/Brother Chat around a specific topic...you know, to keep things interesting and teach them a few things! :D

So, post your topics here and we'll see you at Sister Chat....

Queenie :heart:

2. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    1. Effective child-discipline
    2. Importance of pursuing a higher education
    3. How to embrace and teach Black history/family values to children in the home
    4. Obesity in the AA community, particularly among women
    5. How to exhibit balance and keep our sanity on the board, despite the temptation from nagging male members.
    6. Financial planning....Wise spending
    7. When nothing is said, sometimes something is said......keeping cool during a disagreement with our loved ones/spouse

3. queentswana

queentswana Well-Known Member MEMBER

day care provider (own business)
    Ratings:
    +161
    Here's a few...

1. Why some sister's hate on each other
    2. The three most annoying things you encounter daily
    3. The importance of self-worth

(sister's ..if you have a topic...please share)

4. Blaklioness

Blaklioness Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,812
    Ok...some ideas..

1.) Understanding religion's role in both empowering and disempowering Black women

2.) Alternative healing methods/ideas

5. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    I, particularly, would like to see the SistersChat be more substantial. Perhaps, next week, we can work on an agenda of half work/half play. Laughing/joking/interacting w/each other is fine, IMO, with a limit. But, I don't look forward to 2 hours every Monday of just idle female chit-chat. Frankly, I can do that on the phone with other friends or online with IM or MSN.

I really enjoyed some earlier SisterChats when we discussed/defined "Sisterhood," and when (I think it was Sister Drea) shared an Eryka Badu speech and when Sister Vida (I think it was her) shared about an empowering book she was reading about a Black woman. Perhaps, SistersChat could start a Book Club. (Sister Linda has books to order.)~~~One week, Sister Sena shared w/us about genealogy. Perhaps, SistersChat could start something up for the site as a whole on that.~~~ Perhaps, my "Homecoming" suggestion could help strengthen the "Reuniting/Rebuilding" program.~~~ Perhaps, SistersChat could spear-head an online "Big Sisters Program" for the teen-aged girls on the site. (Many of our youth have no one to talk to about their issues/problems/pressures. Maybe they could have 1-on-1 time in the Chat room to talk to whoever is their "Destee Big Sister or Auntie.")

This is just some brainstorming I've done, just my .02

But, I really would like to see SistersChat be more structured/organized. And then, perhaps more women on the site will be encouraged to attend/participate.

Sincerely,

CherryBlossom

6. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    These other Sisters are in the Destee Book Club. Perhaps they could be invited to SistersChat for our own Book reading together.

LovesDestiny

Ready2Chat

Deepy

Sena462

7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Hey Sisters !!! :wave:

Great Sister Chat Monday Night !!! :grouphug:

Sister VIDA ... we didn't mean to send you skrate out into the cotton field ... to work ... QQ

You okay Sister ... where you 'et ... come in Sister ... come innnnnnnnnnnnnnn out dat heat !!! ... :love:

Oh gosh ... it was a great time together ... Thank You All !!!

Ohhhhh ... and we did come up with some planned topics, work to do, agendas, and we laffed, joked, and had fun too! :birthday:

WE'RE THE BESSTESTESTEST !!! :toast:

I Love Us !!!

:heart:

Destee

8. queentswana

Ratings:
    +161
    Topic's

I kinda recall the topic for this coming Monday is:

1. The Teacher that b-slapped a student.
    How would you have handled that, or what would you have done?
    2. What should a couple/mate bring to the table?
    what about 'planning/children/bills, baggage etc...

Much thanks to the sisters that showed up :toast: I knew we could do it, and will continue to unite together :D

9. LindaChavis

LindaChavis Well-Known Member MEMBER

Car Sales Consultant
    Ratings:
    +147
    Thanks

Sis Queen. I didnt remember the B-slap of the teen but we can discuss. For sure # 2. and your up next week with your topic..or was it Sis Cherry then you. Whatever..we have topics for the next 3 weeks.

10. queentswana

Ratings:
    +161
    ut-oh , my bad, whatever the topic was I'm sure they will remember :lol: One thing for sure is, I'm glad we are finally comming together, that's awesome!