Black Spirituality Religion : Top Ten Signs You're a Fundamentalist Christian

Status
Not open for further replies.
O.k., I got a few more:

21. You feel guilty when you pop wood - unless your a preacher.
22. You only do it in the missionary position because that's the way missionaries did it when raping slaves er I mean converts. Also that's the position god used when he laid up in mary while joe was on a taco bell run.
23. You know there is something inherently evil about vaginas, but just can't put your finger in it - I mean ON it.
24. You believe god created the world in seven days, but it took him who knows how long to explain it to Moses or whoever.
25. you think paul was straight
drum roll please...
26. you think jesus is god but you also think yours is a "monotheistic" religion! wink wink

:fyi:

LMAO!!!!!

In the Spirit of Sankofa and Real Truth!

Dang, y'all are a tough crowd. Sometime ago, I wrote a ditty called "To Kill A Mockingbird" and it was aimed at the rote learning of Black ministers and the effects such and just the overall Christian catechisms have on the cognitive ability of the every day churchgoer. Everything detailed in this post pretty much summarized what I wrote about.

Thank you for making Cliff Notes; hopefully people will comprehend what was written here in the manner those that posted their 10 things intended.

I'm a Blackbird nor a Mockingbird.....

One of my favorite series of verses is attributed to Paul.

In Romans 1:3-4:

Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh; And declared [to be] the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

Blackbird,

Knowing that, if I looked hard enough, I'd find something of real substance in this thread, and this is it...thank you my brother friend. But first Blackbird, what did you mean by this statement (I'm a Blackbird nor a Mockingbird.....)...is the nor to be not? Just curious!

Romans 1:3-4 carries a very significant clue and I find it interesting but pleasing that that verse is one of your favorites, so it is for me in that, the term flesh is of great importance. In the Bible's transliteration process the Hebrew word/meaning of the term(flesh) is lost and takes on the similar Greek term sarx.

What I'm getting at is the real idea that skin symbolizes the external nature and a means of kindred, as it applies to Yashua/Jesus/Eashoa--far removed from what is typically shown by Whites and in some cases, Blacks, to be white in texture.

Blackbird,

Knowing that, if I looked hard enough, I'd find something of real substance in this thread, and this is it...thank you my brother friend. But first Blackbird, what did you mean by this statement (I'm a Blackbird nor a Mockingbird.....)...is the nor to be not? Just curious!

Romans 1:3-4 carries a very significant clue and I find it interesting but pleasing that that verse is one of your favorites, so it is for me in that, the term flesh is of great importance. In the Bible's transliteration process the Hebrew word/meaning of the term(flesh) is lost and takes on the similar Greek term sarx.

What I'm getting at is the real idea that skin symbolizes the external nature and a means of kindred, as it applies to Yashua/Jesus/Eashoa--far removed from what is typically shown by Whites and in some cases, Blacks, to be white in texture.

To the man with the discerning eye, Bruh Clyde....

Thank you... You are right. I am a Blackbird and not, I repeat, not a Mockingbird.

Thank you for your words on the Romans passage; those particular verses have always piqued my interest and I am always looking for clarification. Ya know Blackbird was once a young Christian and I've been known to identify with Chrisitanity from time to time. Actually, I'm a Christian, Muslim, Vodouisant, Taoist, Luciferian, Sufi, Rastafarian, rational man, agnostic, scientific person and non-believer wrapped in one body. No offense to anyone here or their personal beliefs.... but I enjoy religion for what it is.... man's attempt to define and/or explain the divine and I love all y'all for it.

I'm a contradiction.....

Blackbird the heretical heretic (Omo Eshu)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back