Black Spirituality Religion : Top Ten Signs You're a Fundamentalist Christian

River,
With all due respect, religion is a very sensitive subject with most, and to make jokes about about someone's personal faith's or beliefs for any reason, just aint cool......when it comes to religion, it is important to tread lightly. To me, criticizing someone's faith, is worse that criticizing a persons skin color, because THEN it becomes personal.....

Sister I didn't find this funny in the since of humor but in satire of sarcasm. What I did find it to be is true. (Well, accept about prayer) The truth only hurts the guilty...When I say prayer I don't mean frivelous prayers like "Oh Lord if I could just hit the lottery my troubles would be over". Heard of people hitting the lottery and I've heard testimony of financial blessings. I have never heard anyone say they prayed to hit the lottery and that prayer was answered...
Keep crackin and we will keep listening...

Peace....

river said:
Maybe, sista. I just found these things to be so true but I certainly don't advocate atheism.
Well, you'd find many atheists that would see these things as "so true" and a good reason not to believe in anything.

This could easily be flipped so you wouldn't find it as funny....

10 - You vigorously deny the existence of One God claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of your thousands of gods.

8 - You laugh at people who believe in a Triune God, but have no problem being a polytheist.

...etc. etc.

The bottom line is, there is plenty of fodder to make mockery of all religions and spiritual systems, but to what end? To offend or enlighten?

A wise man once said that truth out of season is worse than a lie.

peace

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back