Black Entertainment : Top Favorites...20 years ago

CarrieMonet

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 26, 2003
Seattle
Occupation
Love my job!
I was looking in my diary from 1984. Here is the list of the songs that were my favorites back then.

Erotic City - Prince
Weekend Girl - SOS Band
I Feel For You - Chaka Khan
Chili Sauce - The Time
The Men All Paused - Klymaxx
Sugar Walls - Sheena Easton
Lover Girl - Tina Marie
Roxanne Roxanne - UTFO
Roxanne Shawnte
Careless Whisper - Wham
Heartbeat - The Dazz Band
Meeting in the Ladies Room - Klymaxx
The Show - Doug E Fresh
I Wonder If I take You Home - Lisa Lisa
Oak Tree - Morris Day
Let Me Be The One - 5 Star

Can you remember what you were grooving to in 1984??

I was listening to an interesting mix of "learning" records (sesamie street and jiminy cricket.....) and stuff like the "Breakin" sound track, anything Grandmaster Flash and the Furious 5 put down, and New Edition. I had the album called "Breakdance" with all the hotest breakin tracks of the day and "instructional" rap by Alex and the City Crew on the B-side too......me and my bro had the book and tried some moves, but as a little underwieght boy, I didnt have the strength to do any moves.

Good thread....you are taking me back....waaaaay back.

Let me see here.. 20 years ago, I was 4..... However, I have an older sister, so almost everything you named CarrieMonet, is familiar to me. I seem to remember walking around the house signing along with the radio. Klymaxx was one of ym favorite groups. And of course, I went through the Tina Turner stage. What year did Crush Groove come out?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back