Black People : Top 10 Guard Dogs In The World

Most folks would automatically think 'pitbull' or 'rottweiler'. That's the surprise... I guess.
Preconceived notions.

Akitas do tend to be more aggressive than pits. I'll agree with that. It was bred into them to a much greater extent, I believe.

I have a soft-spot for German Sheppards. I've always wanted a Great Dane. I fancied a chow-chow once upon a time. One of my uncles has a wolf-hybrid. Gorgeous animal.
...but I steer clear of large breeds because I can't deal with large poo. *laugh*
They tend to die sooner, too.
...and when it comes to 'guard/attack dog' breeds (like 'pits')? I just don't want to assume the responsibility and liability that comes with ownership.

Despite the breed, dogs are individual. Have their own personality. Some dogs are bad seeds, like some people. You absolutely can train/socialize almost any dog to behave properly, though. Even a bully breed. It's just that...some dogs (b/c of breeding or being poorly reared as pups) require more patience and diligence. Consistency.

But...whether you leave the dog around children/elders, let the dog run about the dog park unleashed, let the dog wander about the neighborhood, muzzle the dog during your walks, etc...?

Owner's discretion.

I can physically control a Schnauzer or Pom or Yorkie or Chi. Can't do that to a dog that outweighs me.

Any large dog deserves caution. Even a golden retriever. *smirk* Particularly one that's been bred for generations (up to their parents) to 'guard/attack'. They usually come from strong breeds. So, you can expect stubbornness, strong-willed and independent type behavior.
You've got to be something of a strong (and experienced) 'pack leader' to own them and you've got to nip these inclinations in the bud when they're <1 year. You've got to be a conscientious owner. Know what your dog's capable of. Take full responsibility for the dog's training.

These breeds are NOT for most people, 'specially first-time dog owners.
...but damned if 'most people' don't own them.

Leave the dog on a chain in the backyard, let it run wild in the backyard and call that exercise, fail to socialize it among people and animals, refuse to train it beyond a few stupid 'pet tricks' until the novelty of puppy-hood wears off, don't teach the dog how to interact or how to exist within the larger community, etc .... <-- Your average 'run-of-the-mill' owners of pits, rotties, 'chow-chow's, etc....
Typical.
... but everyone wonders why some breeds remain so strong-willed and aggression?

That video is but just one persons opinion, an attack dog or a fighting dog does not necessarily make a good guard dog, and some factors to consider is what
will the dog be guarding. Some of those dogs were bred to guard herds of animals from wolves, others to guard humans from humans. Some make better all
around guard dogs because of alertness, intellegence and stamina. Most of these super oversized breeds are good for only one type of work, are short lived, consume a lot of food and crap just as much.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back