Black Short Stories : Toothbrushes, An Earring, & Boxer Shorts Part 3

Discussion in 'Short Stories - Authors - Writing' started by Roxanne, Dec 4, 2002.

1. Roxanne

Roxanne Well-Known Member MEMBER

Full Time Working On Self
    Ratings:
    +33
    “Who’s toothbrush is this?”
    “What color is it?” She knew who’s toothbrush it was. Her sister and her nosey ***, couldn’t just go to the bathroom. She would be in there going through all her sister’s stuff-tampons, perfume, incense-one time she had the nerve to use one of her feminine douches-ain’t that a trip!
    Kala was like that. The younger sister had always been a snoop. Would always go through her sister’s things, like it was her personal treasure hunt. It was how she found Kasha’s diary and read how she had kissed Jason by the bleachers. That was when Kasha was twelve and Kala was nine. It was how she found condoms in her sister’s purse, looking for some candy. That was when Kasha was sixteen and Kala was thirteen. It was how she found the various vibrators, pleasure toys and lubricates under Kasha’s bed. That was when Kala was eighteen and Kasha was too through! Enough was a ****, nuff! It was always a “Ooooooooooooooooooowhhhhheeeee, momma gonna hurt you .” Or a “Ummmm Ummm Ummm, I hope I ain’t gonna be no freak like you Kash.”
    It would be followed by an eye rolling session, a snatching of whatever item her sister had discovered, and a promised *** kicking for going where a little sister didn’t have no business going.
    “Why you always in my stuff! ****, I can’t have no privacy!” Kasha would be too mad to be embarrassed. Her sister was a pest since the time she had taken her training bra and paraded over her six year old, Osh Kosh overalls, in front of aunties, uncles, girl and boy cousins at the Thanksgiving gathering. She would never really sock Kala, although she always really wanted to. She knew, that “Ima teeelllllll, Mama and Daddy!” That Kala rolled eyes and hip to speak back at her, was a promise, Kala intended to keep, if harm was to be done.
    Back home, they had shared a room. Kasha would beg her other and father from her teenage days, to let her turn the down stairs office into her own room. After the 150th “NO-Absolutely NOT!” Kasha took the first offering for college, that was far enough that her family had to plan a visit, but not as far as where she had to afford airfare ever time she got a little home sick. Although, it was rare that she went back to her parents. She was home, where she lived. She had been home maybe four times in the last five years. Other that the required Christmas or Thanksgiving mandatory appearances, Kasha was content never to need to be in her old room.
    It wasn’t that Kasha didn’t lover her family, she just loved being in her own. She ran up all her bills, because she paid them. She drove her car on E when she wanted to, and where she wanted to go, she just went! She came through her door at whatever time and whenever she felt like it. On Saturdays, she would sometimes lay up in her bed until two o’clock in the afternoon. She loved walking around naked as the day she came into the world. She loved being on her own for no other reason, but that she could.
    Of course, Kala was not going to see her sister live that carefree without her. From the time she saw all the attention, freedom and money, her parents sent Kasha when she moved to go to college, Kala was determined to be next. Even if it meant right next to her sister. As soon as she turned eighteen, she announced to her parents, she wanted to go to school where Kasha was, not the university, but the Institute for Fashion Merchandise Marketing and Design. She convinced her parents that they could save on her college fund and that she could just live with Kasha.
    Needless to say, that conversation happened, BEFORE asking Kasha if it was okay for her to babysit an eighteen year old, fully hormones in position to explode, manipulating, spoiled brat. Not that twenty-one was that much more mature. But it did make Kasha grown, according to Kasha. Her, parents on the other hand, thought it was the perfect arrangement.
    Consequently, Kasha had to give up her one bedroom, too cute, just enough space for HER apartment. She found a two bedroom house to rent, on the lower side where she could possibly tolerate her younger sister and maintain space within the space. It cost too much to live anywhere else, not that she could afford where she lived now. She hated leaving outside her house and seeing potato chip bags and soda cans spewed in front of the house.
    “Triflin’ *** individuals.” Kasha would mumble under her breath. “They act like that can’t take they trash home with them, to where they probably use to trash.”
    It wasn’t that Kasha was uppity, it was just that she was still mad that she still was in that house. “I hate this house.” She thought to herself as she picked up soda cans that still had soda in them and most often would spill it on her clothes or shoes.
    Kala had moved out over a year ago. Three years in the “Terrordome of Kasha” was enough for her. She finished her courses at the Institute, a year later than she could have, if she hadn’t had to attend all the fashion shows from west to east coast. Picking up a boyfriend at ever event, and quitting fourteen internships before actually completely her hours of requirements. At twenty-one Kala, had more condoms in her purse and sexual pleasure items than Kasha could have ever experienced. All that sneakiness was really research for Kala to bust wide open. Moving away from her parents was just the chance she was waiting for.
    Between the swatches of the materials all over the house and the waking up to some fool in his boxer shorts walking around the house, Kasha was glad her sister had moved on. Kala got a job dressing windows downtown and she got access to an exclusive boutique where she designed her fashions. They pay was enough to keep Kala in her studio apartment and fly coast to coast whenever she needed to see one of her “men-tals” as Kasha called them. Kala used a fashion show or a design conference as her excuse.
    Kasha had her degree and was working on her Master’s in Business Administration. She worked for an esteemed CPA office. Of course they made the money, while she did the numbers. They paid for her to get her Master’s degree, after her praised internship during undergraduate work. She made decent money for a twenty-six year old woman. Of course she wanted to be married at some point. Children at another. Both in that order. But, she knew that was only a made up fairy tale for teenagers who’s boyfriends have gone off and joined the service, and promised with a ring to come back for his one true love. Or the couple who get married before the baby starts showing. Or even the ‘just live together and have babies, it’ll be like we are married’ folx. Many of her friends had fallen into those situations. As for Kasha, she didn’t even keep a boyfriend, but she keep new batteries. She rarely had men callers, especially, since Kala always beat her to having company. Besides, by the time she was home from work or school, she was sometimes too tired to even hang up her black/blue/gray conservative business suit or remove the unbuttoned medium starched shirts, she had been wearing all day. She did manage to remove the comfortable and classic Nine West/ Anne Klien/ BCBG pumps off her feet. No matter how comfortable a shoe is or claims to be, after standing on them, ain’t nothing more comfortable than taking them off.
    Not that Kasha didn’t want a groove thang, it was just not enough time to do her life and do her lover too.
    “Who’s toothbrush is this?” Kala asked more inquisitively than the first time. “Gurl, you holding out on your baby sister.”
    “Mind your business, ain’t you got enough toothbrushes to figure out, in your own bathroom?” Kasha replied sarcastically, with the classic item snatch.
    “I’m just saying, you ain’t never had no clues of a ‘spend the night’ up in here. When you started giving some up, more than a good-bye and a good night at the door!” Kala said to her sister, who’s prudish way had highly disappointed her during her stay.
    “I ain’t got to prove how good I am by how many down strokes I take. Don’t you have that competition beat?” Kasha sned back at her sister. She had kept men away from the house while her sister lived there “To be the example.” She could still here her parents lecture her about the arrangement, she never wanted. It didn’t work. Kala came with her promiscuity already in motion.
    “Come on gurl, tell me what he’s like? If I know you, he probably comes promptly on time, flowers in hand, reservations pre made, and comes in only to share coffee as a night cap; You too talk about the blah, blah, blahs of corporate accomplishments, until you fall asleep in his arm, where he just holds you at night.” Kala imitates the routine of a man stiff and professional, as if the date was more of business meeting.
    “My business is just that-MINE. ****, can’t you just come over and NOT inventory my stuff. That’s my extra toothbrush if you must know.” She lied.
    “Ummmm –hummm. Extra huh. Whatever, keep your little man undercover. That’s all right you gonna slip up one day. Just don’t let the shower be a baby instead of bridal.”
    Kala says while fixing her hair in the mirror.
    “That would be your concern, not mine.” Kasha answered as she walked away from the bathroom and the conversation. She knew exactly who’s toothbrush it was. She could not forget a 6foot 4inches, 260lbs, milk chocolate eyes to go with that dark chocolate skin tone, to go with those rippling chocolate muscles on arms and chest and back-Yes muscles on his back! He was fine indeed! So fine that you might think he was no **** good for nobody but his no **** good self. It was all Kasha could do to stop herself from grinning when her sister had found his toothbrush. It made Kasha blush from being hot and wet in all the right places, every time she looked at the green and white Colgate Reach. It reminded her of the soft kisses on her neck. The white teeth behind the smile she became lost in the first time she looked in his face. No matter how many times she tried to throw the toothbrush out, like she had done many times in the past, she kept this one posted.
    In fact, the third time, he had brought his own. Told her his some kept disappearing. Put the toothbrush in the holder next to hers like he had claimed Mount Kasha with a flag. Threatened that it better be right where he left it, the next time he needed a little fresh breath-and it had been. Yeah, although the hunt had been specified by Kala, Kasha had already tapped into the treasure. She knew exactly who’s toothbrush it was-but 'kiss and tell' had never been her style.

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    Rox u bringing it ........love da read and dis story be tyght !

3. Bishop

Bishop Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +86
    next part please!!!

4. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177