care who's wrong or right
My pillow shouldn't be sopping
almost every night
Aging every moment, I hear
the two of you fight
I'm only a child, too young to be old
Admit it, mommy and daddy, it's true
And when the Angel of Death finally
accepts me, my God, I'll be older than you....

Glad to know you were feelin this piece Positive, thank you poet.

Prizefighter, I was hoping that you wouldn't be able to relate to this...I had this piece in my mind for a couple of weeks. Long story short, I was comforting a three year old whose parents couldn't quite decide on whether or not the new wife was allowed to pick this child up from school. You know how when kids cry without making any noise, that's when their feelings are really hurt? Well, this is how he was crying. So, this experience was what brought about this poem. Much love to you young sis. You are quite gifted.

Sadly...yes i can relate...even when i was three myself, i could hear my parents arguing. And my little brother... he's six now, and im afraid he's already saw the same things i have seen, and even much worse.
But then again there is always a lite at the end of a tunnel. and i count the blessings i have...and im hoping that the 3 year old child you spoke of will grow above it, and if not, have enough strength to push through it.
it can be done.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back