Black Sports : Tonight: The rematch of Antonio Tarver vs. Glencoffe Johnson!

panafrica

REGISTERED MEMBER
Aug 24, 2002
The Diaspora
Sorry for the late posting, but I've been busy of late. Tonight "Ring Magazine" and IBO Light heavyweight champion will fight a rematch against Antonio Tarver. Glen Johnson won the 1st fight in a close decision over a somewhat listless Antonio Tarver. It was an entertaining fight, and I expect the same tonight. Catch it on HBO.

Thanks, bruh. I've set my reminder already. :D This should be a very good fight. I wonder if Roy will commentate this fight. If so, I know he'll get a lot of questions from Jim Lampley about his intentions on returning to the ring.

Monetary said:
Yeah, Tarver truly earned this one. However, I thought Glen caught Tarver a few times with some shots that hurt him, but he couldn't muster up enough energy/effort to take him out.

I have to give it to Tarver. His boxing skills were on display tonight.

Glen Johnson played the dangerous "wait" game, and lost. Expecting your opponent to get tired, is one of the biggest gambles in boxing. If your opponent doesn't tire, then you have to make up the rounds you threw away at the beginning of the fight. In addition, depending on the amount of punishment your opponent gave out, you may not even have the energy to mount a comeback. That is what happened to Glen Johnson last night. He had the wrong strategy. Either way, a third fight is definately a must.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back