Black People : Tommy Davidson on "Material versus Internal Value"

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by skuderjaymes, Jun 23, 2012.

1. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043
  2. houserunner

houserunner Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,167
    That is real talk right there. Everyone (at least I think) in this (US) society has at least some materialism going on and if you do not I would love to meet you and know how you really operate, but there are a lot of excesses in life that are really not needed but folks are all fanatical about that really do not do anything for them at all but possibly add more stress than is needed.

Flashing your wares is only asking for trouble, at least that is how I look at it.

3. Heartbeat

Heartbeat Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +86
    I like what Tommy has to say. However, I do wonder if his perspective would be different if his career had taken off like Jamie Foxx, Jim Carey, or the Wayans from that hit show In Living Color.

4. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Not all but many celebrities reach this maturity level....At first, the money is overwhelming to them and what it can buy....Back in the 80s, LL and many others used to go to Lenox Sq. Mall after it closed and almost buy stores OUT....But, then, they were also so young back then.

Then, eventually, they grow up, get their priorities in order and think about their families and old age.

It really is sad to see the others go bankrupt and end up virtually penniless.--They never learned the lessons.

When many others have burned out and burned up their money, Tommy will still have some duckies and financial security.

....But, Tommy, put your car in the shop, man! :lol: