Black Spirituality Religion : Today's Daily Devotional for Women

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by GodlywoodGirl, Feb 2, 2016.

1. GodlywoodGirl

GodlywoodGirl Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2
    BIBLE VERSE OF THE DAY:

Romans 8:28
    – “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”

EXCERPT:

When I was in film school, I wanted to make a feature film while I was still a full time student. I was the only undergraduate student trying to do this out of my entire program, and to this day I can’t even count the amount of professors, coworkers, fellow students and friends told me I was crazy. That there was no way I had what it takes to make a feature length motion picture at such a young age with such a tiny budget.

And for a while I believed them. For a while I let others expectations for me define my expectations for myself.

But one night at church service I felt God’s Spirit move through me, strengthening me, reminding me that it’s not the world who created me, but the God of this world Himself.

And He already equipped me with everything I’d need to succeed.

And after that night, I went on to produce and complete not one but TWO feature films by the time I graduated from college three years later.

All praise to God.

God says that He works for your good in ALL things. That means your personality, your skill set, your talent, your DRIVE and your AMBITION – all of that is a direct result of God’s plan for your good. All of it is so you can fulfill the call He’s put on your life.

Today, make the decision to believe you’re capable of ANYTHING God says you can do. It doesn’t matter what human minds think. It only matters what your Heavenly Father thinks.

And that means you’ve already got what it takes to succeed.

PRAYER:

Dear Jesus,

Thank You for choosing me, for creating me with a purpose, for calling me to shine Your light brightly. Today I choose to believe in what You say I am, that I’m capable of achieving Your will and that You work in all things for my good. Thank You for loving me.

In Jesus’ Name I Pray,

A-men.

2. GodlywoodGirl

United States
    Ratings:
    +2
    Bible Verse of the Day
    Romans 5:3 – 5 More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.

Excerpt:
    While you pursue your dreams, you’re going to encounter a lot of disappointment. It’s inevitable. But understand you are filled with the power of God’s spirit, and with that comes the ability to rejoice in your sufferings.

It doesn’t come naturally though. You must make that choice. You have to choose every single day, every moment that suffering comes into your mind, you must choose to rejoice in. To find the lesson in it. To endure and have hope and rely on God’s love to overcome it.

A lot of people don’t realize this and instead allow the suffering to overcome them to the point that they quit.

But when you stop pursuing your goal, when you stop acknowledging God’s divine purpose for your life, when you take yourself out of the game – you are killing your spirit. You are destroying the creator within. You’re settling into a life of ordinary instead of rising to the extraordinary.

Don’t miss out on the blessing God has for you. I know suffering is hard. I know what it feels like, to feel so sad that you don’t think you’ll ever smile again. To be overcome with pain to the point that you can’t even breathe. To feel damaged to the point of no repair.

But it’s not over yet. You’re not irreparable. Because we have God’s promise in Romans 5:3 – 5, that within us is the Holy Spirit – the power to REJOICE in the pain, the power to let that pain push us to where we need to be. That pain is part of our success, that pain is part of our perseverance.

We must harness everything within us and choose to use it to drive us forward. Thank God for this new momentum, this opportunity of a lifetime to be your best self. Praise the Lord Jesus, this is not the end of the road. You have a beautiful life waiting for you to live it.

All you have to do is not quit.

Prayer:
    Dear Jesus,

Thank You for the pain. It’s tough for me to say that, to truly feel that in my heart. But I believe the conscious decision to thank You for the pain and choose to learn the lesson and use it to propel me forward is more important than the feelings I have inside. So I thank You for the perseverance my suffering will produce. I thank You for the momentum my hardships will bring me. Because You are a God that makes even the impossible possible. This struggle is only temporary. It won’t be here forever. But You will be, and I thank You for seeing me and loving me through it all.

In Jesus’ Name I pray,

A-men.

3. GodlywoodGirl

United States
    Ratings:
    +2
    FIGHT FOR WHAT'S YOURS.

Bible Verse of the Day

Nehemiah 4:14
    – And I looked and arose and said to the nobles and to the officials and to the rest of the people, “Do not be afraid of them. Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your homes.”

Excerpt:

Are you looking at the wrong thing?

Are you focused on the reasons why you can’t achieve your goals?

Or are you focusing on the reasons why you must achieve your goals?

In a battle you can focus on the enemies trying to kill you, or you can focus on the weapons you’ve got that will save you.

And if you focus on the weapons – on your talents, your strengths, your skills, your vision, your personality, your uniqueness, your appointed destiny

If you focus on those things, then you will beat every single challenge standing in your way.

It won’t be easy, it won’t be painless. But the great and awesome God you serve will strengthen you and give you all the weapons you need to beat it.

Today it’s your time to fight for your destiny, to fight for your success, to make God’s vision for your life your absolute reality.

The other stuff does not matter.

Look at your weapons – what God has put inside of you – and choose to achieve your legend in Christ.

Prayer:

Dear Jesus,

Thank You for seeing me and allowing me to see You back. Today I choose to focus on You and on the talents and skills You’ve put within me. We will win the battle for success and step into the legend You created me to be.

In Jesus’ Name I pray,

A-men.