Black People : Today was a good day!

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Josef, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Josef

Josef Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Electrical wiring tech
    Ratings:
    +411
    This morning in the early hours, my daughter sent me a text wishing me a happy fathers day.

She recently moved out with her Mother, and ften cries telling me how she doesn't want to be too far apart from me.

She is turning 18 this coming tuesday, and I assure her that we won't drift too far apart...she is like a best friend to me, and so I'm was good that although she couldn't spend the entire day with me, her friends and her still made it a point to swing through and visit, and bring me a fathers day card.

Its an awesome feeling watching them grow up and call me papa Joe, since I have been there for them through a few situations.

But I went for my normal 2 hour walk this morning at 630, determined to stay on my new lifestyle change...my D.I.E.D (so that I can live) program I call it, and as some of you know it stands for Dedication, Intervals, Exercise, and Discipline.

My other kids were still asleep although they had wanted to come with me, however the younger two had sleep overs and I didn't want to wake them that early...

Schools out for them, plus I'm sure they stayed up late with friends that were over so...yeah.

I grabbed my younger two and their friends, and we headed to the theatre.

They wanted to see 22jump st.
    But I felt it more appropriate to watch a movie that was more speed, and on top of that, shoooot its fathers day, so daddy get to watch what HE WANTS right?

Sooo...How to train your Dragon 2 it is!
    Lol (my day, my choice)

I'd recommend watching, good flick!

Well I drop off the their friends, come home and hadn't had a chance to swing by today to see my friend at the grocerie store, very cute young lady, she makes my day when I do grt to see her. She's single so hey, no harm no foul. We rap for a while...I'm feeling good that I made the little detour over there (I always find something I may need just so I can get to shoot the breeze with her on the days she works
    Lol.

I get back to the house, and my oldest has the grill going, they bought me a fathers day cake, and cooked dinner for me!
    I was able to also call my Daddy and friends and wish them happy fathers day too.
    Pops isn't doing too well, and my sis took him to the hospital today for complications with his breathing. I believe he's staying there till he gets thiscough under control...

Kinda scary in a way though, my Mother went in 4 years back, and I received a phone c all from my sis, telling me Mother wasn't going to make it through the night. May she rest in peace.

A little stressful, but hey...

So yeah, I get home and the boy has dinner going, a plate was brought to me, my only request was no bread, yet I haven't ate any sugary fooda lately since I started this new lifestyle change, soo what the hey, since they went through making me dinner, and buying me my FAVORITE CAKE, I go ahead and have a slice,

And my goodness! It was amazing!
    (Gotta think disclipine josef!)
    It felt a little good to have a cheat day, of course theres the guilt factor but, one day won't kill my groove, I'm in the zone! Back at it hard again tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow, I have to be up in less than 5hrs!
    Going in an hour early.

Just thought I'd share a taste of what my day looked like.

I'm exhausted, yet soo proud of my babies today. They made my Fathers day worth telling.

Its been a hectic at times situation raising 5 kids being a single Father.
    By the grace of the Creator/s I'm doing alright, with the shape I'm in.

Good morning, and Good night fam!

Lol

2. dunwiddat

dunwiddat Well-Known Member MEMBER

Barbados
    Ratings:
    +1,503
    Joseph thanks for sharing.:)

3. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    Brother Josef
    Wishing you the best. Many more great days and thanks for sharing.

4. Josef

Josef Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Electrical wiring tech
    Ratings:
    +411
    Thanks bro Hodee!
    I can surely get used to Father Days like that one let me tell you.
    Lol

Its a real good feeling when you are being acknowledged by your loved ones. When I was with their Mother, I often made the mistake of not showing her appreciation, which contributed to our split a few years back...

So the next go round' (if there is to be one...)hopefully I've learned a thing or two how to compliment, acknowledge, listen, etc...

Hey what was cool to is she (ex) sent me a text that day wishing me a Happy Fathers day and What a Great Dad I am so, yeah, that was awesome of her!.

We still talk everyday, kinda have to since we share the BCV to get to work for now...

BCV you ask?,

Yea it stands for
    Birth
    Control
    Vehicle
    Lol!
    Women run from me, keeps me outta trouble

Happy belated Fathers / Bday btw bro!