Black People : Today Tampa,Fla will install 36 camera to view residential streets

Da Street So'ja

BANNED
Jun 11, 2001
where failure is not an option
Occupation
thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
we've have turned the corner
people say if you have nothing to hide why worry,
but i don't need everybody in my business either
like when i go to the corner store to buy toilet paper
when i check my mail
and other little things, i don't need an audience

i know some cities in New Jersey have residential cameras too.
call me cynical but days of walking around freely are numbered

just take note my people and observe what's going on around you

The Da Street So'ja
Ready To Strike

Hey Da Street So'ja,

I moved this thread to the Open Forum because it's not poetry and the other categories need your support too :wink:

I've heard of this being done, this camera watching us stuff ... kinda scary for sure. Hmmmmmm.

Thanks for sharing w/us.

Destee

Street

so true so true. here in Atlanta, they are on the street corners of downtown. Not to mention every freaking building and oh don't get me started on trains. Some of those are needed sure. but all of em. and when a crime happens down here you have 6 witnesses with 7 different versions of what happened, when you go to the "video tape" some idiot forgot to turn the suka on, or put a new tape in it or what eva the heck they do.

Da Street So'ja, this topic was being discussed on the Today Show this morning. Seems like I remember them saying that Tampa was the first city (in the US) doing this, but obviously I'm wrong based on what 'Zorbsh'n said. On the Today Show they had a Tampa city official and a member of the ACLU (voicing his complaint against). The ACLU man was concerned about what they are going to do with the images of innocent citizens they capture ... as they scan and check their database for criminals. Of course the Tampa official said they'd not be keeping the images of innocent citizens ... they'd be destroyed immediately.

Hmmmmm again.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back