To vent, or not to vent......'tis is the proposal:

Discussion in 'Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions' started by spicybrown, Apr 13, 2006.

1. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    Recently, I was in the chat room, and the family was discussing solutions on how to deal with irrate behavior in the forums. I brought up the idea of a "Vent Forum". IMO,This forum can be used for members who disagree strongly with the majority of posters, or just a place to brush a chip off the shoulder. Also, I feel such a forum will steer negative energies from the more mainstream forums. What do you think family; will this aide in quelling the more tempermental members, or will it enable members to retain a carefree/careless attitude? I'd like to hear your input family. :look:

2. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    I gotta admit that this is an ideal.... Let 'em Take it to the woodshed!

Unfortunately, such a suggestion will not become a reality at Destees imho...

Peace!
    Isaiah

3. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    i think that this is a great idea....
    keep the fighting outside....
    cause if u break momma's table....sum a$$e$ are gonna get whooped...lol

one love
    khasm

4. Sweet baby_face

Sweet baby_face Well-Known Member MEMBER

Student by day, Poet by night
    Ratings:
    +7
    LOL!!!!
    That's funny!!!
    :pie: :pie: :pie:

5. IfUComeSoftly

IfUComeSoftly Well-Known Member MEMBER

PD for a Non Profit
    Ratings:
    +12
    The idea sounds like a good idea; however, i am a bit worried that all it would do is cause more drama. that forum will be a forum strickly for agruing...calling out purposes... respectfully of course... but don't we basically disagree/argue respectfully now anyway? and i don't think that a separate forum will keep the 'venting' out of the other forums....

6. uplift19

uplift19 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +12
    I do think the other forums do have debate, but maybe it could be more structured. Maybe we can require people to pick sides on an issue and then argue the point with supporting evidence (instead of personal attacks). That way, we are clear on where the person stands and it's more of an academic exercise. Maybe it can be limited to 2 people...

I had another idea that's so "high school," but we could have debates on the chat like the poetry forums where we actually debate and a winner is picked by the others in the chat on who they think made the most convicing argument.

I agree, there should not be a place for negativity. So venting just for the sake of venting can stay in the open forum.

7. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    Why must a person be isolated because they have an opinion that doesn't agree with the majority of posters on that thread? It's one thing if we're talking about 'opinions' that are like some of the racist trash on BV, but it's another thing if someone is arguing a respectful opinion that differs from the mainstream.

Anyway, I think problems occur not because of difference of opinion, but because some think that perspective is insulting them in some way. In some instances this is justified because if that opinion is given in a way that indirectly insults those that don't agree, it's understable why there would be tension. But if something is shared respectfully in a way that does not directly or indirectly insult others who feel differently, why is there a problem?

8. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    I think it sounds like an "adult timeout" room. Somewhere you can go instead of debating like an adult. I think it's a bad idea, and it's sad that we feel the need to invent a forum like this, simply because the majority of us can't deal with the fact that we all don't think the same. I agree with karmashines.

9. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    Truely it would be a bad thing , it's really not putting the fighting outside
    just a created place to go fight each other and often then reaching solutions
    or working on the disagreement , Names will be called and folks will build
    anger inside that will spill into other forums .....I totally Disagree with it

But it can be discussed , but i can't see this doing any good for the community
    it really won't hold any value or uplife us just divide us more with anger.............