Black Women : To: TrueToTheCause....

i'm in a good mood, care to join me?

This is not a "cat-fight." So, please leave your "instigating" out.
What positive purpose did your comments serve here?

well, they might lighten the mood if folk was open to that. try lightening up. you might like it.
if you want a private conversation with anybody you have to PM them.
threads are open to all as i understand it. you do not own them.

also personal duels between individuals can sometimes turn nasty and disrupt the peace of the family.
i might try to step in and deflect some of that. there has got to be a better way.

i'm beginning to see how you caused so much trouble:bball:

... On 4/2/09 I saw the "hell breaking loose" when you entered the christianity sub-forum ..hence...my REAL introduction to you.
I noted that and was aware of my need to correct myself and to check myself.

Well, now, I know you said that your "jury" is still out on me; but, no, that wasn't the "REAL introduction" but only your FIRST introduction to me. (although, yes, "1st impressions are lasting ones.)

After the "hell" and heat you took on 4/2/09, I had a sense that your comments on the thread I started was a sort of "passive-aggressive" way to address those who you were getting heat from...and I did not want any parts of it.

Well, now, IMO, I took no "heat." I have no qualms with speaking my mind to anyone. I have much confidence that I can handle myself and stand my ground with anyone.

However, I said earlier, I didn't "pick out your thread." I only arrived there by Destee's direction; but I discovered when I read it that it wasn't a topic FOR Christians but rather ABOUT Christianity. (However, I don't think she knew that when she gave me the link.) But, when I responded to YOUR post, it was sincere. I really do feel that way and I was agreeing with your comments concerning any "solidarity" amongst Blacks.

There are many other factors working behind the scenes for me which I have no intent on saying out loud here....now. I will say this..."Your known by the company you keep". That cliche rings true for me based on my experiences with people....'guilty until proven innocent' is now a motto I live by.

I've been here all of FIVE days, and I'm "known by the company I keep?!"
(I didn't even know I was "keeping company!")

Now, yes, I saw some familiar names to me here from other sites I've frequented; but they don't know who I am (unless they figured it out from my posts.) I don't use the same screen name all over the Net. That way, people can't track/stalk you, IMO.

But, I ASSURE you whatever "behind the scenes" dramas and soap-operas which have taken place before I got here or since, I HAVE NO CONNECTION TO IT.

(Although, I DID find it "interesting" that, so far, only MEN have sent me requests for "friendship" but not one single woman as yet.)

**Maybe I broke an underground board rule and don't know it?

I am "flying by the seat of my pants" right now and KNOW I will have more to say as we work to find some common ground in this community.

I also sense myself in a defensive position and I'm not liking it. I trust my instincts and they are telling me you are simply "words on a screen" right now. That IS MY ISH and I take full responsibility for it.
Your words are very nice and inviting, yet, so were the white man's when he first came to us.

Well, I'm disappointed that you feel that way; but I do respect you for owning it.

I am and shall remain focused on the Afreekans LIBERATION FROM WHITE SUPREME LUNACY in OUR lives and ANYTHING that creates a barrier to such must be removed. That is my aim...my mission....my purpose for BE~ing here...now.

Well, you know my faith position quite well by now. LOL! And I know yours.

But, "turn-about is fair play." And I won't "hide my light under a bushel" either. I will "let my little light shine." So, just as you are passionate about your views, so am I.

It IS what it IS.

I nor you created the 'mess' We as a people are in...yet...WE are left to deal with it....the best way we can.

You've been here for 5 days and my 'jury' is still out and shall remain so until my Spirit/Instincts tell me otherwise. That's all I have for now.

Thank you for your honest reply. Hopefully, in time, we'll find a suitable "middle-ground" for us both.

I do sincerely Thank You again for Sharing with ....

Well, it's always better to "put it on the table," IMO, rather than to let it fester.

Besides, "assumptions" lead to so misunderstandings and, in turn, even prejudices.

So, maybe we BOTH should just let all this "marinate" for a little while....

Love, Peace and Hair Grease,

Cherry Blossom.

Hotep Brothers and Sisters

Most respectfully

Sister CherryBlossom.. Br. James loves us... he would be the first one ready to beef over us... he just him ... and we love him for that

Part of our oppression lies in the enemies ability to divide us...

Even if we don't accept each others religions or beleifs I am certain that we can mutually respect and create some kind of love here

I'm not a christian but i won't diss em
I'm not a jew I don't practice jude-ism
I'm not a buddist but buddist are masters
I dont eat beef, pork or drink diet shasta

I love you sisters....

I've had my moments of attacking christianity but I can't front that there are good christians that try to live the best possible life they can....

I don't agree with a euro centric version of christianity and am aware that that book has been re-written I think 17 times....

Theres a poem i like by talib kweli that i'll post in entertainment... hope u'll watch and enjoy it...

one love

cherryblossom said:
But, I ASSURE you whatever "behind the scenes" dramas and soap-operas which have taken place before I got here or since, I HAVE NO CONNECTION TO IT.

I was referring to stuff on a more personal note.

cherryblossom said:
when I responded to YOUR post, it was sincere.
I did sense this.

cherryblossom said:
So, maybe we BOTH should just let all this "marinate" for a little while....

Sounds like a PLAN to me!

I'm curious about your astrological sign. Care to Share:?:

M.E.
:hearts2:

well, they might lighten the mood if folk was open to that. try lightening up. you might like it.

if you want a private conversation with anybody you have to PM them.
threads are open to all as i understand it. you do not own them.

also personal duels between individuals can sometimes turn nasty and disrupt the peace of the family.

i might try to step in and deflect some of that. there has got to be a better way.

i'm beginning to see how you caused so much trouble:bball:

I do not assume nor have I intimated that I "own" a thread. Moreover, this is no "personal duel."

I started this thread to DEFUSE whatever hot spots between me and True. So, I thought this letter was "THE BETTER WAY" to resolve it and to place it in the Women's Forum.

**And, I thought only "premium" members could send a PM. So, I wrote her a letter, instead.

But, I didn't need your assistance to "deflect" anything.

Are YOU a MODERATOR here?

If not, then, again, your comments were not needed. And if any MODERATOR had deemed my letter inappropriate, I trust that one of them would have told me so.

This thread had NUMEROUS "views" before your comments here. So, obviously, OTHERS had decided to, respectfully, stand back/hang back and allow me and True to hash this out in a mature way.

And if True didn't see my letter as an assault, then, surely, YOU didn't need to play "referee."

But, noooo, YOU GOT JOKES!

AND SORRY ONES AT THAT.

Now, I came into this thread with a sincere heart and not for any MESS.

So, as to whatever YOU think of ME, I assure you, I won't lose a wink of sleep.

Furthermore, the only TROUBLE-MAKER in here is YOU.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back