Black Relationships : To those who understand the importance of "Black Love"....Rightious!

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by Pharaoh Jahil, Nov 7, 2003.

1. Pharaoh Jahil

Pharaoh Jahil Well-Known Member MEMBER

College Student
    Ratings:
    +25
    Regardless of what these "intergrated" types on here think, I applaud the black man for sticking with his black woman and I applaud the black woman for sticking with her black man. We've been threw so much together that it would be foolish to abandon each other now. I could never give up on my sistas. We've enjoyed a glorious history together, we've been snatched from our homelands together and we've struggled for our freedom together. We've been with each other since day one and I will continue to stick with my sistas until the end of time. I am willing to wait for the 'right' black woman, why? because the black woman is truly worth waiting for. Im also glad to see that many of us don't buy into this "love is color-blind" rhetoric. Love comes with the physical vision and I will not allow my self to blend with members of an oppressive group nor will I allow my race to become contaminated or watered-down in the name of "Love".

Oh and to Abisha, even though we are all human, I believe that Allah has created different "races" for a reason but I respect your view.

Love, Incense, Candles and Peace.....

2. yaphet al-wynn

yaphet al-wynn Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    Amen, Jah. Even to the PS.

3. triniti424

triniti424 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Singapore
    Servant of the People
    Ratings:
    +131
    lol Pharoah & Yaphet...:) messages like these reassure sistas like myself...that blak love is not in vain...not to say that I dont fervrently believe so already...but reassurance from two blak kings is very comforting...:)

thank you

4. yaphet al-wynn

Ratings:
    +4
    Jah on the real on your PS to that 'certain' person. She said on another thread that hardly any older Black couples around where she is in CA. I said not so and suggested places where they can be found and check her local paper. She said she is from CA-right? If not my bad. I just happen to have in my hand a copy of Jet dated 10/20/03 with Mya on the cover. In it-there is a picture of an older Black couple from CA that HAD been married for 50 years and their pic is in Jet in the Society World pages. And gave an example of Mr John H and Eunice Johnson as being married for a long time-the Johnsons-the founder and publisher of Ebony and Jet and of the touring Ebony Fashion show and other enterprises. If this 'person' is so defeatist about Black love-then she deserves her opinion.

5. Pharaoh Jahil

College Student
    Ratings:
    +25
    Peace.

Well contrary to popular belief, there are black couples out here. However, Cali is the most diverse state in the country. The couple in the magazine represents the older black generation of CA, back when the black man and woman actually loved each other. Truthfully, I can't stand it out here, everything is so politically correct and everyone is so liberal. When I finish college, Chi-town here I come. As for Abisha, she is entitled to her own opinion, I was just expressing mine.

Love, Incense, Candles and Peace.

6. yaphet al-wynn

Ratings:
    +4
    Sorry to hear that. I'm waaaay down south-Alabama. But Chi-town do have their same set of problems that is universal to Black people everywhere-cops-whether the LAPD,NYPD,CPD(Chicago), BPD(Birmingham,AL) or any PD-just be careful. Then keep your eyes open. But you'll do fine.

7. Pharaoh Jahil

College Student
    Ratings:
    +25
    Peace.

Oh Im already knowin', but one thing I can say about places like Chicago, Detroit and Philly is they have a large pro-black and conscious population especially since the Nation of Islam has an affect in those places. I know it's not heaven but from my experience, the Black love is there. Unfortunately, Im not feeling that same vibe out here in Cali.

Love, Incense, Candles and Peace.

8. Nia Maishani

Nia Maishani Well-Known Member MEMBER

Business Owner
    Displaced at the Junction of Hoosiers and Bluegras
    Ratings:
    +1
    I apologize for detracting from the original topic, but I have to say it:

A 19-year-old who is pro-Black/pro-Black Family???

The revolution is truly in full swing, coming full circle.

I must ask the obvious question: Pharaoh Jah, you are obviously out of the ordinary (compared to the majority of today's Black youth), and actually, I think that even Brothers of ALL ages under, say 50, are out of the ordinary to refrain from following the "color-blind love" mania. So how is it that one (especially a young person) develops (and maintains) such a conviction despite the apparent (and popular) miscegenation movement?

Finally, is it even important for us to concern ourselves with others' decisions to ignore the importance of Black Love?

9. Nia Maishani

Nia Maishani Well-Known Member MEMBER

Business Owner
    Displaced at the Junction of Hoosiers and Bluegras
    Ratings:
    +1
    I'd like to add that, based on years of perception, it seems to me that California in particular, and the West Coast in general has a monopoly on Black citizens who have no knowledge of self, and who are consequently superficial and overly whitewashed. Don't get me wrong, I am not making a blanket statement. There are definitely pockets of conscious Black folk out that way (Bay area, in particular), but generally speaking, it is Manufactured Negro Central. But like Pharaoh Jah, I get the opposite impression about cities like Chicago, Detroit (lived there a few years), Philthydelphia. Some of the most conscious folk I know live in those cities, NYC and Atlanta (although Atlanta certainly has its share of the brainwashed).

10. Pharaoh Jahil

College Student
    Ratings:
    +25
    Peace

<<<So how is it that one (especially a young person) develops (and maintains) such a conviction despite the apparent (and popular) miscegenation movement? .>>>>

Empress Nia, How are you? ;)

Well for one, I don't let society affect or influence my reasoning. Unlike most black youth today, My head stays in books and I always remind myself that we are in a revolution and even though most black people have become "complacent" and "intergrated" or just "deaf, dumb and blind", I will not allow myself to be fooled because I have seen what intergration and assimilation has done to us. I wont even get into how much I think the Civil Rights movement was a joke. Also, out of respect for the elders, people like Marcus Garvey and Malcolm X, I would hate to think that their whole movement was in vain.

<<<<Finally, is it even important for us to concern ourselves with others' decisions to ignore the importance of Black Love?>>>>

Hmm, well as of lately, I've been feeling like what's the point? I mean, these people sit and defend their white lovers, talk about love is blind and how there shouldn't be no black or white.....it sound like these people are singing "We are the world". Im starting to think that we should concern ourselves with those who are willing to keep an open mind, sistas and brothas who are actually willing to listen to a black nationalist perspective. Those who choose to buy into the white liberalist bull, let them. Every brotha and sista is not going to be down for the cause and the ones who claim they are, are funnystyle or whitewashed sometimes. In other words, they approach the struggle with a "white liberalist" mentality which actually does more damage than help!