Black People : To those who have multiple schoolership offers in and out of the state of florida: a suggestion

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by RAPTOR, Jul 14, 2013.

1. RAPTOR

RAPTOR Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,097
    I suggest that you accept the scholarship, athletic or otherwise, out of state. If you know a student who excels in, and or, out of the classroom who has multiple offers from colleges in and out of the state of florida ask them that they take accept those scholarships out of state.

Obviously, if a student only has that one offer and it's in state, I say take it.

Sports, especially football, is large in the south particularly in the state of florida. Very little speaks louder to the disappointment of the zimmerman verdict, than scholastic athletes taking their talents out of the state of florida if the opportunity to do that is available.

As the idea was passed to me, I asked that others pass it on, that it reaches florida. If anyone here on Destee currently lives in, or is from florida I ask that you pass on this idea. Y'all know that college football down there is BIG BUSINESS.

2. RAPTOR

RAPTOR Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,097
    If you have a f'book account, you can find a lot of scholastic athletes there.
    To identify them, I first went here to espn college football:
    http://espn.go.com/college-football/

Scroll down and on the right is "2014 ESPN 300". 300, as in 300 top college football prospects. That is a very effective way of reaching out to them. If you would do that and ask others to do the same, it would be very helpful. If you do not have a f'book account yet knows someone who does ask that they reach out to these athletes, football basketball, track -whatever. Many can be found on ESPN.com.