Black People : To The Honorable Members of the Choir

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by anAfrican, Sep 16, 2005.

?

How Do We Move Forward

1. Would a thread be more appropriate?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Might it work better in a forum?

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Might "privacy" be a consideraton for something of this type?

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  4. Do we want to do something?

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  5. Would we rather just keep venting/talking about it?

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    Would the Honorable Ladies and Gentlemen of the Choir like to stop Preaching to/at each other and Come Together on a new Page One so that We may Begin Work Collaborating on a Fresh Composition?

(no; no religious overtones; just playing off of "preaching to the choir".)

There are big messes. There are as many "reasons" for those messes as there be caca-sians (no "u" in anything they do). There are as many reflections of those messes as there are Afrakans in america. We can keep articulating them til the cows come home and they will still be there. We know all this. We also know that not all of us can seem to get beyond looking to the perpetrators of the mess to clean it up. We also know that not all of us can, or are willing, to do the hard work of moving on to something else.

There are lots and lots of good thoughts toward moving forward popping up in a lot of different places here on the forum. A lot of those thoughts keep recurring every time some of us respond to the same-but-different re-rendering of the issues. Maybe we gather some of those responses/thoughts in one place and brainstorm to "polish" them into something?

While doing this in a thread could work, maybe a forum might allow for a better venue of brainstorming? Maybe we could call it "Choir Rehearsal" or something. I'd see this as being beneficial in that we could have a thread for brainstorming on each of the bits that seem to keep popping back up: lack of appropriate educational facilities; lack of economic, social, and political infrastructure; clarifications of the issues facing us, etc. As "consensus" and/or "understanding" of the various aspects come together, through "intermediate results" threads, they could go into one of the top level, possibly "sticky", threads that house "the answers"? And then, maybe, we could compile them into "something", (a platform?, a manifesto?) and spread it across the internet and into our communities? Why couldn't we be the center of something? It would be a wonderful vehicle for turning our "venting" into something constructive, wouldn't it? Couldn't it? (Just almost I'd be inclined to consider, somehow, making this "private" or something ... or some parts of it. But only "almost".)

Your thoughts, comments and poll choices would be Most Welcome! Thanks!

2. Monetary

Monetary going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +236
    I think this is a great idea...

Since you gave us the ability to vote for more than one choice, I voted for three. :D

First: Until we get our own country, almost everything we do to get our own country should be private. We don't need any undue attention. That's my feel on that.

Second: Yes, I would love to do something. I think our main goal should be the attainment and development of our country AND the clothing, feeding, housing and protecting of the people in our country and abroad.

Third: No matter how successful we are, there will ALWAYS be some "venting/talking about it" going on. "It" can be anything. It's part of the healing process...in my very humble opinion. :D

Peace.

3. sonnee01

sonnee01 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +29
    Brother anAfrican... I think you've made the first step..which I feel will cause us to really think about which part of the body we are, and what our roles are. I too am tired of talking, and have express this openly on several occassions. If we what different results we have to do things differently.

4. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    Brother anAfrican, I not only agree with what you and Money have said, I want to be FIRST to say that I am willing to put my money where my mouth is when it comes to us investing in that first Destees Supermarket dedicated to feeding Africans in whatever state we choose to build it in... Serious as a heart attack...

On the brainstorming tip, I'm with that too, but as MONEY said, there will be some venting, there will be some defeatist attitudes, there will be negativsm and pessimism... I accept that as a human, rather than, African condition... No matter, we MUST fight past that, and the OPTIMISTS and DOERS among us must emerge the winners...and we win just by continuing to fight on while the losers whine - can ya dig it???(smile!) Nuff said...

Peace1
    Isaiah

5. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Hey anAfrican,

I have often wondered why the wonderful solutions I have given seem to walk up a cul de sac. One or two people saying Great idea then it slips down the screen.

Well when it comes to creating new forums that's all we can do is say Great idea. This idea has to be brought to the attention of the person who can make it happen or it too will slip down the screen.

The Creator Blass You

6. Nita

Nita Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    youth volunteer
    Ratings:
    +17
    I agree

this is a gr8 idea.Maybe we can call a meeting in chat to throw around some ideas and suggestions at least that's a start. I'm all for positive things to help my people rise up. Like sister sonnee said, I hear a lot of talking and I too would like to see some action taking place.
    Wonderful Brother anAfrican! :heart:

7. anAfrican

United States
    Ratings:
    +745
    wungerful, wungerful, wungerful!!! it's happenin; it' moving; it is ALIVE!!! thanks folks! let's keep talking!

yup!! folks are gonna vent; it's healthy!! if ya don't you're gonna going krazier than they are!! and this has been a most wonderful, comfortable, almost even "safe" place for all of us to have gotten some of our chests and, maybe, trying to see if, i don't know?, maybe we could try to see if there were another way to do things????

maybe a little room in a corner, back porch, lower 40? of this wonderous sanctuary, we try to see if we can see a way around these things that everybody continue to run into everywhere we are? let them go ahead and let off some of that steam. once in a while, we can drop into one of the other pillions of rooms and commiserate, or support, encourage, help to revitalize ... or we could go over and vent with 'em!!

but how about we consider a "workroom" or a "utility closet" off in one corner of the House? maybe there's a step or two we could consider on the way Home, to wherever we decide Our Country will be?

the longest journey begins with but a single step.

you'll been just this shy of taking that step for as long as i've been here. and it's been getting closer and closer and it almost puts that first step down. we're about to just drop that foot, folks! can't you feel it? this Axe is starting to feel real good in our hands ... and we're just right there to trusting in our guts that we do KNOW that this is, in fact, that Axe of Knowledge. and, come to think of it; we are getting quite good at using it!!

so, lets leave the shed door alone now?

right here; right now!

RA!

8. anAfrican

United States
    Ratings:
    +745
    with ya, but for that last line. ain't no "losers whining". those are Our Brothers and Sisters just as hurt, confused and pissed as we are/were. we all were there, once. then we fought to here; they'll do the same!! as long as they see somebody doing something. truthfully; as long as someone is "giving" them something that they can touch. We Give Them/Us HOPE!

gonna need a bit of planning for that supermarket. but those are just part of that entity called "Country/Home", ain't they? we start here, we work to there!

9. Wisdom7

Wisdom7 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    I'm in Ra-anAfrican!

10. Nita

Nita Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    youth volunteer
    Ratings:
    +17
    Well

We are getting some gr8 responses and ideas!
    In efforts to get prepared for Choir Day :band: , :?: I guess I need to get a headcount of all those who are going to attend so that I can speak with Sister MBA, head of the Mother Board and Bingo Committee :bingo: , to see if she and the other sister will be serving din'ter(dinner) afterwards...lol :cook: