Black Poetry : to The DESTEE FAMILY (PLEASE READ)

Dnommo,

You know that I am sad to hear you say these things. Bewildered at the thought that anything you've shared in this forum has hurt another. I've not read every peace that you've written but I have had the pleasure of reading you for quite some time and being ugly and hurtful has never been a part of your poetic character ... quite the opposite as a matter of fact.

I'd like to take this opportunity to let you and everyone know that no one will be allowed to harass or mistreat a Member of this forum. We are all over the age of 13 and hopefully able to act in a somewhat mature (and hopefully adult-like) manner. This site belongs to me and if I've not made you feel uncomfortable then no one should be able to. If you posted something in this forum that was not a personal attack on another, yet they were offended ... that's really not your fault. Poetry (and most all things) can be perceived in any way by its reader. We can't be held responsible for where an individual is in their life/mind, when they read our work ... and how they react to it.

As poets/authors this is probably not new information. How someone receives our work can be a mixed blessing, as some will like it and some won't. Such is the case with most things in life. As human beings, we all know that there will be those that no matter what we do, our stuff just aint rite. Oftentimes, we continue on, doing great things in spite of those few ... and sometimes we remove ourselves from the situation, still doing great things somewhere else. I have no doubt wherever you are Dnommo, you will be doing great things ... though of course I want that to be here.

Destee

Dnommo,

I just noticed that you emptied your forum of posts, so I've made your forum "invisible." Please know that you are always welcome here. I will forever appreciate your generous offer to provide content to this forum, giving freely of yourself to us.

I didn't mention your health above, but you and I both know that is the most important thing ... the rest of the "carrying on" mentioned is foolishness to me ... someone trying to put out the bright light you've been blessed with. At any rate, please take care of yourself 'cause even if you aren't here ... there is comfort in knowing you are somewhere ... healthy and happy.

God Bless.

Destee

Dnommo,

I've read your thread and clicked on reply 3 times and each time I decided against replying, for whatever reason, I don't know. However, here I am again. The reason for this, I do know. My heart, refused to allow me peace until I reply. It's important for me to let you know how your work inspired me. It wasn't only your poetry that I enjoyed. I always found pleasure in your replies. Your pleasant personality came through your witty responses. You always came across with sincerity. I know you must do what is best for you, however it saddens me that you're retiring a gift that has not only blessed us, but you as well. I too, hope you reconsider.

God's blessing you with a gift to write and touch hearts and souls, is much greater than the trivival words of man, that can sometimes rob us of blessings.

Mad Sistahly Love:heart:
CCBSKYN

Wow....

Is it that serious... NO more reads...no more enjoying your writings... I can't continue to learn through your wisdom and ways of the Lord. Man...:(

Well God Bless and you keep safe... I pray that your health comes back strong and effective and you are peacefully living your life once again. I know what its like to be misinterpreted or prejudged...and Assumptions...I don't know if you know that old saying or not though. :x: But its all good...and i'm sure you'll be fine...stay safe...

I will truly miss you and your words of poetry. They have inspired me so many times....

Is This God...Or Is It You?

Now D...let us reason together for a moment.

I read your post, over and over again.

"Last night i experienced somethig i would never want to go through again. I spent most of the evening and the night in the hospital due to heart palpitations. This has never ocurred to me before because i am an avid bodybuilder. Anyway it opened me up to see somethings. It drew me closer into the work God has for me. My focus has always been on doing HIS work but as of late my life has been attacked at least three times. Now it is time for me to begin a new level. "

Yes, each experience in life, should draw us closer to God. There is a time of "pulling away" to spend time with the Father in meditation and prayer, without the distractions of most daily routines and functions.

"It seems someone took the initiative to assume that the works if have been writing were all about my personal relationship. Well a few were but only the ones that i specifiaclly placed a name on. Others were works that came to me or a part of cleaning out old notebooks. This has caused some confusion in my life as well as undue stress. To whomever the person was that felt to contact others to see if everything was okay without asking me about my scribes, i want to thank you for breaking ym trust. What i post is not always about what i'm going through. You do not know what i am seeing and my life is too peaceful to allow those things to destroy it."

Help me. I don't understand. Maybe, I am missing a point here somewhere. Why limit the others of us in being blessed, because of one person? Gol lee, do you expect everyone to agree with you here at this forum. Take note of this forum. You are a light in a forum that is not "christian" forum but a poetic forum where christians and nonchristian alike may post their works. Some are of totally different religious beliefs and some may not believe in nothing at all, but many are listening nonetheless and seed is being planted. You were the planter and the waterer, along with others of us. However, your position here went beyond posting poems. God made room for you here. You had a "christian" column, a place of ministry. Overall, you were well accepted here by most everyone, whether they all agreed with you or not. How many times do you see that in secular arenas? God laid it on Destee's heart to give you a column at this forum. Since she wants you to stay, why should you leave because of one of her visitors or even twenty of them? :confused:

If God has told you to shut it down, then by all means do so, BUT don't do it, just because of the attitude of one person or even several.
Not only was THAT person offended, but you were too...obviously,
else you would not be leaving behind their actions. As being your sistah in Christ, I ask...how many times will you flee from ministerial positions when someone is offended by you. How many times will you remove your light in the face of darkness?
How many times will you bow out in the face of ignorance, when you hold the treasures of wisdom in your hands? :confused:

I don't appreciate your flight none whatsoever, if you are doing this because someone took offense. IF God is saying to you that it is time to move on, then I respect that, because I know God brings closure to a good thang for the purpose of taking us on to something better. But the gap that is left by our move is always filled by someone else or closed if the place left, is deemed spiritually hopeless.

If you can flee so easily because of the offense of one person, after being here so long, I must ask...what has it meant to you all of this time? I write this at the risk of offending you myself, but if you don't understand the way I appreciate and love your work here, saying "I'm sorry" will not move you anyway.

"My heart is saddened by these ocurrances and therefore I am laying down my pen. It was not designed to hurt but to help. I shall not post here again and i will be deleting all of my works here. "

To this I say...how dare you. If your pen is not designed to hurt, then the least you can do is leave the blessings as you go. If you truly believe that God gave it to you to give to us for the betterment (is dat a word?) of our spiritual walk with God, then it is not yours to take is it? :confused: Remember this, whenever light is removed, darkness comes in. If it appears that I am upset, you have discerned correctly. In this life, we will always offend someone...so what. I know for a fact that I myself have offended some here and yes, I too have been offended by some of the things I've read here. But this is good ole America and there's no better place on the planet for the meeting and expression of great minds.

Talk at me...poeticinsight@usa.net :confused:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back