Black People : To The Alleged Or True Elders:

I would say then, that the ones behind us should not talk to us like we are senile, or say things like "just because you are older don't mean you know more than me". With my age, comes experience that no one younger than me can understand.
And anyone here that knows me, knows that my favorite saying is "You'll figure it out eventually"., and when they do, I tell them that they finally get it now. I say that because I have most likely lived through what that person is going through, have tried to give them guidance through it, yet they are pig-headed and think they know-it-all.

I would say then, that the ones behind us should not talk to us like we are senile,

Be more cautious...

I. e., not only when it comes to the words you choose, also because some of today's young folk tend to label us 'the old dudes' and/or 'old girl(s)', too...

You said/wrote/etc.

or say things like "just because you are older don't mean you know more than me".

That was and is my point:

Some are just older...

Others deserve to be called and/or are our true elders...

I. e., some did or do agree or disagree, also all are our allies and advisors, etc.

You also said/wrote/etc.

With my age, comes experience that no one younger than me can understand.

I've found it unfair to make overgeneralizations like that...

Next?

And anyone here that knows me, knows that my favorite saying is "You'll figure it out eventually".,

What if they don't know you that well?

(A)nd when they do, I tell them that they finally get it now. I say that because I have most likely lived through what that person is going through, have tried to give them guidance through it, yet they are pig-headed and think they know-it-all.

Yes...

Intelligence and wisdom also needs to be a reflection of real life experiences etc.

But...

There's no 'one size fits all' guide to making our way(s) thru life etc.

And...

It also remains a reflection of the choices of that individual etc.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back